New play music app laggy on note 2

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I love the new design of the play music app, but the app lags like crazy on my note 2. I tried the app on my old galaxy nexus, and the app was a lot smoother. Can anyone explain why? Could it be the bigger screen? Will loading a stock Android rom onto this help increase performance in apps? Thanks!

Posted from the AC app

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I love the new design of the play music app, but the app lags like crazy on my note 2. I tried the app on my old galaxy nexus, and the app was a lot smoother. Can anyone explain why? Could it be the bigger screen? Will loading a stock Android rom onto this help increase performance in apps? Thanks!

Posted from the AC app

Try clearing data on the app. Mine runs absolutely fine.

Geof Kirby

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It's runnin fine on mine, although I don't know if the fact I'm running Beans b16 with Perseus kernel has anything to do with that ;) Speaking of which...I've lost the lockscreen player on my phone for Google's play music app. Gonemad Music Player's lockscreen controls work great, but nothing to be found on Google's new app update. Anyone else experiencing this?

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I like the app but it used 500mb of data in just 3 hours, and the app data size was 530mb. Way to much for me.

Posted via Android Central App

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I like the app but it used 500mb of data in just 3 hours, and the app data size was 530mb. Way to much for me.

Posted via Android Central App

It's because of the high bitrate Google uses for their songs. I appreciate that the songs are high quality but I definitely know what you mean about it sucking the data down. I had the same problem with the MOG music app, I got into the habit of downloading all the songs on wifi before I left the house. Then I'd use pandora if I wanted something more random.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I installed the carbon aosp rom, and wow. It makes a huge difference in terms of performance. Everything is so much smoother.

Posted from the AC app

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else notice that after you exit the app and end it thru the task manager and if you go back in the task manager maybe 10-15 mins the app is back in there running? I cant seem to get it to stop turning back on

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Wireless must be thanking Google for this new Play Music app. It consumes so much data, Verizon must be making a killing in data overage charges. :)

By the way, I do NOT use the app at all, but it keeps popping up in my running app menu in the task manager. Why is this? I restarted the phone and let it sit. A few minutes later, the Play Music app appeared running in the task manager again. I have NEVER opened this app at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37