Aw heck... I guess I'll get into android (coming from blackberry).

Honestly, the Note 2 has GOT to be the most loved (aka: least complained about) phone of all time. That speaks volumes.

In my world, the size will be wonderful 75% of the time, but something of a hassle the rest of the time. When I work in my wooded acreage, I'm not so sure what I'll do with this big slab of glass. Perhaps I'll change my style and just carry it in a shoulder bag.

I'm with Verizon. I see that the S4 is going to be released very soon.

In terms of being "future proof" and just overall goodness, is there any reason to choose the Note 2 over the S4? (or visa versa?)
    For the sake of this question, forget the screen size thing.... just consider the tech, stability, accessories, etc.

Thanks
    Kelton
    05-16-2013 05:03 PM
    Samsung has announced most of the software features of the S4 will be given to the Note 2 and S3. All features that are not hardware or hardware-limited would be given to the Note 2. Does that change the calculus of your decision making?
    I'm just guessing here, but the Note 3 will probably just be a S4 clone with a better screen and updated UI. Regardless of what you pick, the S4 and Note 2 will both likely get Android 5.

Read these:

Samsung Says Some Galaxy S 4 Enhancements Will Make Their Way To Galaxy S3, Note II | TmoNewsTmoNews

Rumor: Samsung Galaxy S3, Note II Will Receive Android 5.0 | TmoNewsTmoNews
    05-16-2013 05:51 PM
    My sister recently switched from BB to the note 2. She said she's very happy with it.
    The s4 has a faster processor, but I run sar on my note 2 and I never reach the limits of the 4 core 1.6, so I can't see 4 core 1.9 making much difference.

The only features I saw on the s4 that I think are cool are the camera features. I'm not talking about the 13 MP, because that means nothing unless you plan on printing and enlarging the picture.
    05-16-2013 06:19 PM
    Well, as for me, the extra megapixels mean nothing. I'd rather have 4 high quality megapixels than 8 that are crammed onto a tiny sensor.... and given that I have doubts about the honest quality improvements in those 13mp, I'd rather not pay the penalty in file size.

So far, the comments here make me think that they only distinct difference is the physical size of the phone.

I'm not a gamer, so that matters not.

As for the phone size, I suspect that the S4 will offer more phone-case options. (I'd love a sturdy case that is bright orange or some other color that I can find when dropped in the woods)
    05-16-2013 06:28 PM
    I've seen bright blue, red, and purple cases for the note 2.
    05-16-2013 08:03 PM