After having a ton of problems with Verizon's replacements I used an upgrade on a dumb phone to keep my unlimited data. I had been wanting the note since it was released. I is going to take some getting used to the Samsung interface as I have always had moto droids. On thing I have noticed is I do not get 4g in places I did with the maxx but I knew this may be the case before I switched. I really like the phone so far though.
    05-19-2013 06:08 AM
    After having a ton of problems with Verizon's replacements I used an upgrade on a dumb phone to keep my unlimited data. I had been wanting the note since it was released. I is going to take some getting used to the Samsung interface as I have always had moto droids. On thing I have noticed is I do not get 4g in places I did with the maxx but I knew this may be the case before I switched. I really like the phone so far though.
    Hope you are liking the new device. I think the Note 2 is very solid, and I almost got it myself. I got a good deal on the Galaxy S3 for 100 back in October...couldn't pass it up. TouchWiz is different from Burr, (OEM user Interfaces, Blurr is for Moto), however, I would suggest that if you want to try something new, download a launcher from Play. Most are free and rooting is not needed to install. I am currently using Nova launcher, have been since about 9 months ago, and I love it.
    05-19-2013 09:34 AM
    You should be getting 4G in all the places your Maxx did. I used to have a Maxx and noticed no difference. Did you change the network from Global to CDMA/LTE? Also, maybe a new SIM card would help.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    05-19-2013 09:59 AM
    I get better reception on my Note 2 than my Razor Maxx HD. Verizon has been having some serious tower issues in our area lately. 3G at least once daily for the last two weeks. I get 4 bars of 4G in the back corner of my basement. Might have a bad SIM or be in a sketchy 4G area.
    05-19-2013 12:12 PM
    Yes I did switch from global to lte/cdma, I think I did it this morning. This is a new sim card. I have noticed it in buildings mainly, and it has not been a huge deal. I still have my old sim card if it keeps happening I will try that one. The battery is lasting me like the Maxx did which is huge for me.
    Sharondippity likes this.
    05-19-2013 08:37 PM
    Yes I did switch from global to lte/cdma, I think I did it this morning. This is a new sim card. I have noticed it in buildings mainly, and it has not been a huge deal. I still have my old sim card if it keeps happening I will try that one. The battery is lasting me like the Maxx did which is huge for me.
    I am pretty sure the old SIM is not valid anymore.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    05-19-2013 09:11 PM
    Yep I would have to call them to switch it or send another one
    05-20-2013 03:45 AM
    I use my old Razr Maxx as a dash cam now. I like keeping it around as a backup. It gets smaller and smaller every time I pick it up.

Posted via Android Central App
    collett likes this.
    05-20-2013 05:03 AM
    I use my old Razr Maxx as a dash cam now. I like keeping it around as a backup. It gets smaller and smaller every time I pick it up.

How do you have your phone set up as a dash cam? You mean on top of your dashboard of your vehicle? I was thinking of buying something like a GoPro video camera for recording the scenery in front of me as I'm driving. Is that what you're doing?

And yes, my old Motorola Razr Maxx also looks tiny to me nowadays compared to my Note 2 ! I'm using my Razr Maxx as an MP3 music player to stream music wirelessly via a Bluetooth speaker for my weekend recreational vehicle.

Casey
    05-20-2013 01:58 PM
    I use an app called Auto Guard. No sim card but I'm still signed in to Google. It just records all night. Works really well. I do updates on it when I get to Wifi. I have a 32gb sd card and it records about 12 hours before it deletes the oldest file.

05-21-2013 06:40 AM