Hi there:

I am traveling to Rome, as well as part of the Italian countryside, in a week and I am hoping to use my Note 2 for offline navigation. It would be great if I could use GPS only to navigate around the city, however, I have heard that people in larger cities tend to have trouble getting good GPS signal in those cities. Has anyone had trouble/success with a similar situation? Also, if anyone could recommend a good offline maps app with turn-by-turn navigation, I would greatly appreciate it. I know Google Maps has an offline feature, but I'd like to have something with a larger map.

Thanks for any help.
    05-19-2013 09:59 PM
    Hi there:

I am traveling to Rome, as well as part of the Italian countryside, in a week and I am hoping to use my Note 2 for offline navigation. It would be great if I could use GPS only to navigate around the city, however, I have heard that people in larger cities tend to have trouble getting good GPS signal in those cities. Has anyone had trouble/success with a similar situation? Also, if anyone could recommend a good offline maps app with turn-by-turn navigation, I would greatly appreciate it. I know Google Maps has an offline feature, but I'd like to have something with a larger map.

Thanks for any help.
    Try CoPilot or Tomtom... both offer offline navigation.... but somewhat pricey
    05-19-2013 10:52 PM
    Check out Maps with me and MapDroyd. Free
    05-20-2013 12:44 AM