Does "Google Play Music" keep showing up in the task manager of your Galaxy Note 2 for no reason?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Does "Google Play Music" keep showing up in the task manager of your Galaxy Note 2 for no reason?

I have never used this app. It came preinstalled on the phone. I restarted the phone and just left it
alone for a few minutes. The Google Play Music app showed up again in the active application
screen of the task manager. There are no other apps showing except this one. :(

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Does "Google Play Music" keep showing up in the task manager of your Galaxy Note 2 for no reason

If you don't use it or have a need for it, do what I did; disable it (something I do with many built-in apps that I don't use)! :) Go to Menu, Settings, Application Manager, scroll all the way to the right to "All" apps, scroll down to find it (listed alphabetically), then click "Disable". Note: if "Disable" isn't available choose "Uninstall updates" first then it should appear. Finally force stop it or reboot the phone to fully clear it from memory.

Shimmy00

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Does "Google Play Music" keep showing up in the task manager of your Galaxy Note 2 for no reason

My solution. Un-install the update and have original Google music running.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I had to uninstall the update or the app always force closed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

somebodywatchin

May 22, 2013
Visit site

I tried uninstalling the update on my galaxy tab 2 and the original app won't work. It doesn't sync to my account and I'm left with the default track that came with the tablet. I actually do use to the app, but when I close it, I'd like it to stay closed.

Shimmy00

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

I tried uninstalling the update on my galaxy tab 2 and the original app won't work. It doesn't sync to my account and I'm left with the default track that came with the tablet. I actually do use to the app, but when I close it, I'd like it to stay closed.
Once you uninstall the App. You have to sync your google music library again.

jen7677

May 29, 2013
Visit site

Awesome, thanks for the info! This was driving me nuts, kept draining my battery and ticking me off that it was doing it. No clue what they did to the new update that it is now wanting to run when I am not using it but they need to fix it! Way not cool!:cool:

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

I use it from time to time but it is not running now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

Hmm, I purposely held off updating google play music because of this always running issue. However, I just went and checked my task manager and I saw it was running. I then checked my application manager to see if disable was available, and it was not. I had to uninstall the update. The update I never installed. Wtf?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

lvdukerider

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

I dont use this app and its been doing the same thing on both my Note 2 and 10.1. I attemptedvto uninstall the app on my N2 several times and kept forcing the app closed, not sure what i did but it finally stayed closed, but not on my 10.1. I will try what was suggested in this thread and see if that does the trick. Thanks for the helpfull hints.