I have a rooted phone, stock ROM, but I can't rid myself of these messages every three days. I can't update (it always fails, even after temporarily unrooting using Voodoo), so I'd like to not have to continually defer the update (which deferral is a max three days).

Any help?
    05-22-2013 09:20 AM
    See this thread for reference: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...a-updates.html

I used ES File Explorer and just renamed the following two files under /system/app (then rebooted phone, haven't seen an OTA update notice since):

FWupgrade.apk to FWupgrade.bak
    SDM.apk to SDM.bak

Note: you may wish to make a copy of each file to your SD card before renaming them just for backup/safety purposes.
    MaxBuck likes this.
    05-22-2013 09:57 AM
    I have a rooted phone, stock ROM, but I can't rid myself of these messages every three days. I can't update (it always fails, even after temporarily unrooting using Voodoo), so I'd like to not have to continually defer the update (which deferral is a max three days).

Any help?
    Just out of curiosity, what benefits to you get by rooting and keeping the stock ROM?
    05-22-2013 10:08 AM
    Just out of curiosity, what benefits to you get by rooting and keeping the stock ROM?
    I keep the stock ROM as it has all the functionality I want/need (no interest in spending the time and energy on custom ROMs) and I root for the following benefits:

1. Use AdAway with the MVPS blocking hosts file (blocks known malicious websites as well as ads, also blocking ads speeds up web browsing) - Note: Google removed it from the Play Store, but you can get it from the dev here: ad-away - AdAway - Open source ad blocker for Android - Google Project Hosting
    2. Freeze the OTA updater. Prefer to evaluate any future updates to see if worth updating or not (I want control over whether my phone updates or not!).
    3. Use full functions of backup apps (ex. MyBackup Pro)
    4. Have the option of using free tethering apps on my phone with my grandfathered unlimited data (otherwise I'd have to pay for the hotspot feature; additional cost)
    5. (Applies to stock Verizon Note 2 only) - Enable infinite scroll on home screens and app drawer. See http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...e-screens.html
    05-22-2013 10:32 AM
    1. Install S-Planner

2. Possibly allow use of foreign SIM data card when traveling to Europe.
    05-22-2013 12:49 PM