05-19-2016 11:09 AM
40 12
tools
    What HTC one? There is no Verizon variant yet.

Posted via Android Central App
    There is one now. HTC One, that is.
    08-24-2013 08:17 PM
    confirmed working with OneSIMCard sim cards in Lithuania and Portugal.
    08-26-2013 05:53 PM
    Hopefully, Note III will allow the same. I'm tired of phones advertized as global-ready but, in reality, being ready only when used with the carrier's own outrageously expensive global option. On top of it, VZW Global Support isn't willing to answer questions or gives false information about using foreign-purchased SIMs.
    08-30-2013 01:29 PM
    Hopefully, Note III will allow the same. I'm tired of phones advertized as global-ready but, in reality, being ready only when used with the carrier's own outrageously expensive global option. On top of it, VZW Global Support isn't willing to answer questions or gives false information about using foreign-purchased SIMs.
    I don't think VZW has any responsibility to help us use someone else's network. Questions about foreign SIMs really need to be answered by their foreign suppliers.
    08-30-2013 04:30 PM
    I don't think VZW has any responsibility to help us use someone else's network. Questions about foreign SIMs really need to be answered by their foreign suppliers.
    I disagree. VZW provides techsupport for the phones they sell and they can at least say what their phones can do and what they can't.
    08-30-2013 04:44 PM
    I disagree. VZW provides techsupport for the phones they sell and they can at least say what their phones can do and what they can't.
    That's like asking Ford to tell you if you can ship your Ford to Europe and drive it there. The answer is maybe... as long as you fill it up with the correct octane gas in Europe. (which is rated differently than US gasoline stations) I had the unfortunate experience of finding this out in person. My car requires 91-octane premium. However, the lowest octane sold in Europe is 95, which is actually only 87-octane.. again, that's due to the different way they measure octane there. So my car really needed 100-octane gas sold in Europe.(which was only about 92-octane US)

Verizon can't be expected to tell you if your phone will work on T-Mobile prepaid SIM card in Berlin. All they can tell you is that it will work fine with the Verizon 4G LTE SIM card and roam on foreign networks. Beyond that, it's up to you to find out.

Fortunately, the Verizon Note 2 is unlocked, so you can use it with any GSM prepaid SIM cards in almost anywhere in the world. Just remember to enter that network's APN if you're planning on using data.
    Simon_y7 likes this.
    08-30-2013 05:15 PM
    confirmed working with OneSIMCard sim cards in Lithuania and Portugal.
    If OneSIMCard is a generic global card (i.e., not from any single specific wireless company), how does it work as far as the APN reset goes when the phone rides of different networks in different countries?
    09-01-2013 09:53 PM
    is this working in 4.3?
    01-10-2014 08:08 PM
    is this working in 4.3?
    Yes it does

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    01-10-2014 09:07 PM
    Yes it does

My UK Vodaphone SIM card stopped working in my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 after the 4.3 update. Well, voice/text is working, but not 3G data. Not sure what the problem is because it worked perfectly the day before my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 got 4.3. If I take the same Vodaphone SIM card and insert it in my spare Verizon Galaxy Note 2 running on 4.1.2, data/voice/text all work perfectly.
    01-10-2014 09:23 PM
    My UK Vodaphone SIM card stopped working in my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 after the 4.3 update. Well, voice/text is working, but not 3G data. Not sure what the problem is because it worked perfectly the day before my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 got 4.3. If I take the same Vodaphone SIM card and insert it in my spare Verizon Galaxy Note 2 running on 4.1.2, data/voice/text all work perfectly.
    Did you change the apn

01-11-2014 12:19 AM
    update undid your apn settings
    08-22-2014 11:51 AM
    I've also used my Verizon Note 2 without root in several foreign countries. All I had to do was to buy prepaid GSM sim cards from supermarkets or hotel front desks. However, it's necessary to enter the APN setting on some GSM carriers. (no biggie, since it usually comes on a piece of paper with the SIM card, or available by calling the customer service number)
    12-29-2014 08:06 AM
    Hi guys, I am using a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II model number SCH-I605. I use to travel a lot for work outside US and when I am abroad I use many different local SIM cards. Right now I am in Europe and I am using a local SIM card, the phone is working well (I can call, use internet, etc.). The problem that I have is that I am not able to use the LTE 4G. The LTE is available and the SIM too (I have already called the Carrier), but still I can only use the 3G.

The mobile network is: "Global". I also tried to switch to LTE/CDMA, the phone asked "Serching for LTE/CDMA" but it dosent work.

Could you please help me with the configuration?

Thanks a lot for your help.
    02-27-2015 03:29 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to get MMS working when you buy an unlocked Verizon phone and use an AT&T SIM card? Between that and the + sign being added to all received calls, this new unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 is driving me nuts!
    05-19-2016 11:09 AM
40 12