I currently have a Motorola RAZR MAXX! Is the note 2 a worthwhile upgrade, I am also grandfathered in for unlimited data. So I would be purchasing used or paying full retail as I don't want to loose that unlimited data.
    05-25-2013 01:48 PM
    What are you looking for in a phone? Since you're on Verizon, I would suggest the Galaxy S4 over the Galaxy Note 2. But no matter which phone you want to get, I would recommend an upgrade considering you have a RAZR MAXX.

Advantages - Galaxy S4
    Faster processor
    Better screen
    Newer OS version
    Better camera
    Probably other things. Ask an S4 owner.

Advantages - Galaxy Note 2
    Bigger screen
    S Pen
    Better battery life
    05-25-2013 01:58 PM
    What are you looking for in a phone? Since you're on Verizon, I would suggest the Galaxy S4 over the Galaxy Note 2. But no matter which phone you want to get, I would recommend an upgrade considering you have a RAZR MAXX.

Advantages - Galaxy S4
    Faster processor
    Better screen
    Newer OS version
    Better camera
    Probably other things. Ask an S4 owner.

Advantages - Galaxy Note 2
    Bigger screen
    S Pen
    Better battery life
    Nice answer and well put! I would like to add, yes the S4 is new and has newer features as stated.
    I own the Note 2 and I happen to Love the S Pen which I use for everything! Text, email, writing on pictures, web browsing, airview etc. I also like the larger screen. The Note 2 is the Best phone I have ever owned! Good luck in your decision!

Margie
    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    05-25-2013 02:46 PM
    I upgraded from the Razr Maxx to the Note 2. I'm truly enjoying my Note 2, and don't miss my Razr Maxx one bit.
    I also didn't want to give up my unlimited plan, but then realized I wasn't really using unlimited data every month. I was averaging about 8 GB per month. This was without using Wifi at home. I now use Wifi at home, and now average about 3 GB per month. My new plan is also cheaper than my unlimited plan, and I can now use the Verizon tethering app, which to me, runs better than the 3rd party apps I was trying to use to tether.
    The amount I'm saving each month, along with me not having to pay for the device at full retail to keep unlimited, calculated to be huge savings over the term of my contract.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    05-25-2013 11:19 PM
    I as well have the Note2. It can't really be compared to the S4. It does more. I love the screen real estate. The Spen. Everything this phone does is awesome. Can't talk it up enough. Call quality is great. Music is awesome. I have my own CD's on it and am a Rhapsody member. Love my music. Love how the phone works. Personal and business

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    05-25-2013 11:53 PM
    I as well have the Note2. It can't really be compared to the S4. It does more. I love the screen real estate. The Spen. Everything this phone does is awesome. Can't talk it up enough. Call quality is great. Music is awesome. I have my own CD's on it and am a Rhapsody member. Love my music. Love how the phone works. Personal and business

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Everything you mentioned can be done on the S4 except screen and S Pen. Meanwhile, the S4 is faster, has 4.2, better screen, etc...

But ok. I won't argue further.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-26-2013 12:15 AM
    I currently have a Motorola RAZR MAXX! Is the note 2 a worthwhile upgrade, I am also grandfathered in for unlimited data. So I would be purchasing used or paying full retail as I don't want to loose that unlimited data.
    I switched to the Note 2 from the Razr Maxx HD and to answer your question directly, yes, it is worth it as long as the size is not a problem for you.

As much as I like the Maxx HD and think it is overlooked as one of the top phones because of the camera and Only availability the Note 2 is simply better all around. You won't even miss the battery life as the Maxx HD is almost as good there too.
    05-26-2013 06:58 PM
    If you have a dumb phone or another line with tiered data, then you can push the upgrade from the unlimited line to a non unlimited line and activate it on the non unlimited line.

If you don't have another line, you can start a new line of service and buy the phone for $200 from Verizon, then cancel the same day and pay $350 etf plus $5 for one days service, so total for the phone off contract would be $555. If you wait for a sale it could be less. The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II was $50 before.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    05-26-2013 10:36 PM
    I just upgraded from the Maxx to the Note and I couldn't be happier. I was torn between the S4 and the Note and picked the Note after lots of research. After playing around with the note and S4, I can say I made the right choice for me.
    05-27-2013 04:57 AM
    I just upgraded from a droid bionic, and I am extremely happy with my note 2. The screen is wonderful, signal strength seems just as good as the bionic, boot up time is fantastic, and just a week later the size no longer feels oversized. My hands are average size and yet the phone both looks and feels normal. My wife has a Droid 4 and it looks so tiny! I haven't yet explored the S pen much, but overall very satisfied. The S4 was tempting, but the slightly larger screen and S pen won me over. Hard to find a bad review of this phone!

Posted via Android Central App
    05-27-2013 07:09 AM
    Everything you mentioned can be done on the S4 except screen and S Pen. Meanwhile, the S4 is faster, has 4.2, better screen, etc...

But ok. I won't argue further.

Who says the s4 is faster. Most of the reviews talk about a slow camera and lag with the UI. And that newest android has Bluetooth problems, does it not?

05-27-2013 08:54 AM
    If you have a dumb phone or another line with tiered data, then you can push the upgrade from the unlimited line to a non unlimited line and activate it on the non unlimited line.

If you don't have another line, you can start a new line of service and buy the phone for $200 from Verizon, then cancel the same day and pay $350 etf plus $5 for one days service, so total for the phone off contract would be $555. If you wait for a sale it could be less. The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II was $50 before.

Not so sure on this. Couldn't get a straight answer. Verizon changed the rules last month. The lines have to be similar. They weren't sure if you could move a dumb phone upgrade over to a smartphone line. You definitely can't swap between phone and tablet.

05-27-2013 08:57 AM
    Who says the s4 is faster. Most of the reviews talk about a slow camera and lag with the UI. And that newest android has Bluetooth problems, does it not?

BT problems were fixed in 4.2.2.

05-27-2013 02:21 PM
    Not so sure on this. Couldn't get a straight answer. Verizon changed the rules last month. The lines have to be similar. They weren't sure if you could move a dumb phone upgrade over to a smartphone line. You definitely can't swap between phone and tablet.

Verizon may not give you a straight answer, but many people hedge been able to do it

05-28-2013 10:08 AM

I just did it last weekend. I was told about it by a Verizon Rep while have tons of issues with the replacement Maxxs they sent me. I went to Corp store 1 and told them what I wanted to do and they looked at me like I had 3 eyes or something. I already did not like the ladies personality before I even got to the point of what I wanted to do, but anyway I was told I needed to handle it with customer service over the 800 number. I called Verizon back very annoyed and they noted my account and told me the store would take care of what I was wanting to do. I really did not want to deal with store 1 because they seemed to have no clue about what was going on. I go to another Corp store and tell the guy what i was wanting to do and my account should be noted. He knew exactly what I wanted to do and took care of it. He told me that he had to activate it on the one number and I would need to change it over to the other number once I leave the store that he could be fired if he did this. It is a big no no for them to tell customers about this apparently, at the store level anyway. That maybe why you cannot get a straight answer.
    05-28-2013 01:07 PM
    Honestly, I probably could do without unlimited data. Some month's I use 1-2 gig, then others I am up around 10-12. My usage definitely drops over the summer. We are outside more, I have less time to be on the internet.

In some ways its as much about not wanting to give it up, as it is about truly needing unlimited data.
    05-29-2013 03:59 AM
    Honestly, I probably could do without unlimited data. Some month's I use 1-2 gig, then others I am up around 10-12. My usage definitely drops over the summer. We are outside more, I have less time to be on the internet.

In some ways its as much about not wanting to give it up, as it is about truly needing unlimited data.
    Same here. Our plan works well for us and going to the shared data would cost us a little more money then we pay now. It is nice to not have to worry about what our bill is going to be each month.
    I will say I can see me chewing through more data on the Note than I ever did on the Razr Maxx though
    05-29-2013 09:05 AM
    I have the Razr and getting my Note 2 tomorrow.. cant wait

TREESNIPER
    05-29-2013 09:54 PM