I've Never Been This Torn...

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I contacted Amazon to ask about exchanging the Note2 for the Galaxy S4, they said they are on backorder for two weeks.
I decided on the galaxy S4 for two main reasons; Removable Battery and Expandable Storage.

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I contacted Amazon to ask about exchanging the Note2 for the Galaxy S4, they said they are on backorder for two weeks.
I decided on the galaxy S4 for two main reasons; Removable Battery and Expandable Storage.

I was gonna say wait, but it seems like you made up your mind lol. Good luck and enjoy :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I need to get something.
I dropped my Thunderbolt and shattered the screen.
So that's why I've been trying to decide on what I want.

Ah, I misread then. Sorry, been a bit of a basket case today...

I would say try to stick it out with the Note 2, but you seem to be decided on the s4. I am a very mobile person as well... With tiny hands. I feared it would be too big, but it's just perfect..... I don't use my phone one handed though as you do, but it is possible to do. Keyboards may be set up for one handed operation. If I don't have a purse, I just put it in my pocket. Feels fine.

Whatever you finally decide on though... It will be a top of the line device. Both phones are good choices. Good luck :)

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!! :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
With almost every phone I've bought, I did lots of research.
I always end up with a phone I really like and then I keep it for the whole duration of my contract.

This time I am really torn.
I can't believe how good the reception is on this phone, but it's just seems way too big for me.
I guess if I was a student or had a desk job where I'd be spending most my time at a desk,
this phablet would be perfect, but it just seems to be too big for the mobile person I am.
I am on my feet a lot, using my phone with one hand. This phablet is a real struggle, if not impossible.

But this thing grabs the signal and holds onto it better than any smartphone I have ever owned.

I'm torn because I can't seem to find where any other smartphone gets the reviews for good reception as the Note 2.
You can read many threads on other smartphones giving most people good reception, but you'll still read those scattered in the thread that it doesn't for them.
The Note 2 gets maybe one bad comment for hundreds of good.

I just don't know what to do.

Size used to be an issue, but I got a flygrip and now I can use my Note II on handed

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
You must have the most amazing Thunderbolt ever made because it is well known that the Thunderbolt was plagued with serious radio issues. I've never seen a phone that would flip flop between no signal, 1X, 3G, and 4G like the Thunderbolt could. I'd miss several calls per day because it lost signal completely if whenever pocketed or holstered. And that's before adding in the cell tower transitioning reboot issue with them. The radio issues are the primary reason the Thunderbolt ended up being such a hated device. The original Google Nexus also had problematic radios, and it too was an HTC device. I don't have any experience with the Rezound other than I've heard that it did not suffer from the same radio issues as the T-Bolt.

Samsung has had some models, such as the GS3 that were known for having some radio issues, but compared to the Thunderbolt they would be considered freaking amazing. The best CDMA radio I've ever had was in a Samsung flip dumb phone (Alias). I made calls with that phone from places where it shouldn't have been possible with any phone from any carrier, within miles of where I was. You're the first person I've seen report weak signal with the Note 2. Maybe it is defective? Seriously, in places that were completely dead spots for both my iPhone 4 and the Thunderbolt, the Note 2 maintains solid signal. My old Blackberrys did too. Not a problem at all. I have over 10,000 minutes of talk time in on the Note 2 without a single dropped call. For that matter, not even a poor quality call that I can remember. I haven't even seen it lose 4G except for one time and it came back quickly. I would seriously try another Note 2 if you're having such severe signal issues.

Sorry, but after the first radio update, the thunderbolt was great on reception. My wife averaged 20-30gb usage per month streaming netflix and Hulu. Both of us had no problems.

Posted via Android Central App

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

I was gonna say wait, but it seems like you made up your mind lol. Good luck and enjoy :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Because Amazon had the 4S on backorder, I was forced to use my new Note2 until they got more in.
This was a good thing.
Thanks to those who said to give the Note2 some time.
I'm finally use to the size. :)
I'm keeping it! :D

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Because Amazon had the 4S on backorder, I was forced to use my new Note2 until they got more in.
This was a good thing.
Thanks to those who said to give the Note2 some time.
I'm finally use to the size. :)
I'm keeping it! :D

Yay!! Glad you decided to keep it :) enjoy!!

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!!!! :D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc