I just noticed that LoJack is going to be available on the new Samsung Galaxy S4 and wondered if anyone knows if this might become available for the Note2... I recently lost my Note2 after having it for a couple of months and didn't enjoy paying $900+ (including tax, new sim card, insurance, etc.) for a new one..

Here is what I found regarding LoJack.. Absolute Software | Android
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-26-2013 06:28 PM
    Wonder what it's going to cost?

That's the question.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    05-26-2013 06:44 PM
    I just noticed that LoJack is going to be available on the new Samsung Galaxy S4 and wondered if anyone knows if this might become available for the Note2... I recently lost my Note2 after having it for a couple of months and didn't enjoy paying $900+ (including tax, new sim card, insurance, etc.) for a new one..

Here is what I found regarding LoJack.. Absolute Software | Android
    The answer is probably no from what I've read on the subject. Apparently it's more than just software on the phone and also includes a hardware component built into the phone (don't quote me on that as I can't remember where I read it). More info here; Absolute Software | Android
    05-27-2013 08:11 PM
    This is what I use. I haven't had to use it, so I can't vouch for its effectiveness.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.cerberus

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    06-02-2013 06:53 PM
    The answer is probably no from what I've read on the subject. Apparently it's more than just software on the phone and also includes a hardware component built into the phone (don't quote me on that as I can't remember where I read it). More info here; Absolute Software | Android
    I don't think it requires a hardware component as their laptop version is just relying on software that is hidden when installed so I am assuming it is the same case here the software will be hidden on the phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-02-2013 09:44 PM
    I don't think it requires a hardware component as their laptop version is just relying on software that is hidden when installed so I am assuming it is the same case here the software will be hidden on the phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Per the article here; New LoJack solution for Galaxy S4 makes theft meaningless | ZDNet it is both software and hardware dependent.
    06-11-2013 09:29 PM
    Per the article here; New LoJack solution for Galaxy S4 makes theft meaningless | ZDNet it is both software and hardware dependent.
    Hmm interesting. Good to know

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-11-2013 10:11 PM