Have a galaxy nexus...want a note 2.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a nexus. Love rooting it and messing around with it. But signal and battery are poor. Really poor.
I have a desk job, rarely need to hold phone to my ear.

Is it a bad investment to buy this phone new or slightly used for around 450.00?
Boss has one and loves it. I of course would unlock the bootloader and root it, but would keep the rom on there.

I just am torn if buying a 9 month old phone is bad with Android.
I am buying used/ outright to keep my unlimited data.
I want a phone that when it rings, I can actually hear it.

So do I wait for the SN3 and then pick up a used or even new SN2?
I would have to get used to the size, but for typing emails for both work and to my baseball team parents, I think it would be great.

Thoughts?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
If something happened to my current note 2, I would buy a new one, I would not wait for the note 3 or go back to my Nexus (even though I loved Sourcery).

Getting use to the size was nothing. Many people said my Nexus was huge at 4.65, but after setting up the Note 2, then going back to the Nexus, it felt more like an iPhone.

Sarah_Kirschbaum

May 23, 2013
Visit site
If something happened to my current note 2, I would buy a new one, I would not wait for the note 3 or go back to my Nexus (even though I loved Sourcery).

Getting use to the size was nothing. Many people said my Nexus was huge at 4.65, but after setting up the Note 2, then going back to the Nexus, it felt more like an iPhone.

coldn not agree with you more :) my former Galaxy Nexus felt tiny compared to my current Note 2. not to mention my other former phone, the iPhone 4, which felt like a baby's toy compared to my current Note 2. :)

Sarah_Kirschbaum

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I just want a good phone for using as an extension of my Desktop, has good battery life, and LOUD ring volume.

since I got the Note 2 several month ago, I have rarely powered on my desktop PC and laptop. Everything can be easily performed on my Note 2. The only time I use my PC is to rip/convert my Blu-ray discs so I can watch them on my Note 2.

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I got mine about 2 weeks ago... Best decision ever. If something were to happen to it, I'd find the money to get the exact same thing. I love love love drawing on this device. I love managing all my pages/emails/art info all in one place. It's be very useful for me. The size isn't an issue at all, and I'm a female with small hands. I don't think it's a bad idea at all to get a Note 2 right now.... Keep in mind that some of the features of newer samsung phones will be brought to the Note 2 via updates. This phone is also so versatile that it's really hard to get bored with it. Whatever you decide though, good luck :)

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!! :)

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I also had a Galaxy Nexus for about 18 months before getting the Note 2. The volume on the Nexus was so poor that I bought Volume+ to try to raise it to acceptable levels. Even then it would sound distorted at high levels.

The Note 2, out of the box, has a very loud speaker. You will not be disappointed in that regard.

As to the battery: It's considerably better with the Note 2 and stock battery. A whole day without running out. I also have a ZeroLemon 9300mah battery and can run for days on that.

Sarah_Kirschbaum

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I got mine about 2 weeks ago... Best decision ever. If something were to happen to it, I'd find the money to get the exact same thing.)

in that case, you should consider getting a protection plan for it, either from Verizon(Asurion) or a third-party.

I have the Verizon(Asurion) plan, which covers defect, water damage, loss, theft, and perhaps destruction by zoo animals. :)

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
in that case, you should consider getting a protection plan for it, either from Verizon(Asurion) or a third-party.

I have the Verizon(Asurion) plan, which covers defect, water damage, loss, theft, and perhaps destruction by zoo animals. :)

Destruction by zoo animals lol. That's a good one.
I actually have sprint :) and it's a pretty hefty deductible for a replacement. I've had to use it twice with other phones and I nearly strangled someone lol. I still keep I though, for peace of mind.

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!! :)

pd240

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I am debating selling my note 2 if your interested. Great phone but I'm in a pinch and need some money. Titanium grey on Verizon. Pretty much brand new with a bunch of accessories. Samsung case, extra battery with dedicated charger. Let me know if your interested. Original box and all.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the offer. Kids go to catholic school and that bill came...ugh.....Wife's last day at work is tomorrow (company bought out and if she went full time her job pays for daycare). So tightening up a bit. Hoping price comes down end of the summer. I love my nexus. Unimpressed with the S3 and S4 but the note reminded me of this:
10080579.6266392f271dcdb7f12fa2cd64b2d27d.jpg

except that the note gets great battery life....weird going from a droid incredible ( I still to this day think it was a great device) to a note 2 in the near future.

Is NFC in the back or the battery? Boss was asking because he never heard of NFC before.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the offer. Kids go to catholic school and that bill came...ugh.....Wife's last day at work is tomorrow (company bought out and if she went full time her job pays for daycare). So tightening up a bit. Hoping price comes down end of the summer. I love my nexus. Unimpressed with the S3 and S4 but the note reminded me of this:http://image.ffmobile.com/product/photo/41/162/10080579.6266392f271dcdb7f12fa2cd64b2d27d.jpg

except that the note gets great battery life....weird going from a droid incredible ( I still to this day think it was a great device) to a note 2 in the near future.

Is NFC in the back or the battery? Boss was asking because he never heard of NFC before.

In the note 2, the nfc antenna is in the battery cover. There are phones with the nfc antenna in the battery like the s3.

Btw, if you are not in a hurry, there might be a promotion, there was one a few months ago where you could get the note 2 for $50 on contract or about $405 new direct from a retailer via the etf method m

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Tony bag o donuts, you won't regret getting the Note 2 one bit. The only problem is one arm will be more muscular then the other from picking it up and holding it all the time! Hope you get it for a good price.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Tony bag o donuts, you won't regret getting the Note 2 one bit. The only problem is one arm will be more muscular then the other from picking it up and holding it all the time! Hope you get it for a good price.

My better half sold her iphone 4 and got a gently used 4s....which overall cost us about 230.00. Trying to convince her to let me double that for the note 2 is a bit tricky......
so every time she says you didn't return my call I will blame it on Tasker. When that doesn't work it will be blamed on the phone :)

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My better half sold her iphone 4 and got a gently used 4s....which overall cost us about 230.00. Trying to convince her to let me double that for the note 2 is a bit tricky......
so every time she says you didn't return my call I will blame it on Tasker. When that doesn't work it will be blamed on the phone :)

Hey that sounds like a Master plan! If anything will work on getting you another phone that will.
:D

Achillesheel

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I went from the galaxy nexus to the note 2. It was the best upgrade I could have asked for. Not having to worry about my battery is life changing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae