I have a note 2 and the nfc doesn't work. Someone told me the battery has to say NFC on it for it to work.. is this true? My battery dont say NFC. Is there different models?
    05-29-2013 03:13 PM
    I can tell you that nfc depends on the sim in GSM. Marking batteries may indicate on cdma phones that the phone has the chip. I doubt the battery has the technology.
    05-29-2013 03:41 PM
    Yes the battery itself has to be NFC compatible. If its the stock battery it should be working, but some a lot of 3rd party batteries do not have NFC capabilities.
    05-29-2013 04:36 PM
    I have a note 2 and the nfc doesn't work. Someone told me the battery has to say NFC on it for it to work.. is this true? My battery dont say NFC. Is there different models?
    The Note 2 does NOT use the battery for NFC. The NFC antenna is built into the battery door itself (reason for the gold contacts on it). I don't use NFC myself, but from what I understand you can only use it for S Beam. See page 116 of the user manual here: http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/...te2_manual.pdf
    05-29-2013 05:53 PM
    I'm sure you've already done this but I'll say it anyway....Check your settings. I have noticed that my Note II turns off NFC and SBeam on its own from time to time.
    05-29-2013 06:13 PM
    Another related item to consider that I saw posted here somewhere recently. If you've disabled/frozen the AllShare Service, that may inhibit some of the features/apps that rely upon NFC. I don't think disabling/freezing the service impacts NFC either way, its the apps that use NFC.
    05-29-2013 08:15 PM
    "The Note 2 does NOT use the battery for NFC. The NFC antenna is built into the battery door itself (reason for the gold contacts on it). I don't use NFC myself, but from what I understand you can only use it for S Beam."
    And you can buy some nfc tags to play with.
    Right, nfc antenna is included in the backplate. (many other Samsung nfc phones have the antenna in the battery)
    Look where it's placed, tap exactly at the location of the antenna, an inch below it, and nfc doesn't work.
    In Austin and Salt Lake City you can pay with ISIS (Ver. and T-Mo).
    05-31-2013 06:16 PM
    I spent hours on this and had no idea that the battery had an effect. It did, and NFC now works, with my old battery. Thanks.
    07-10-2013 02:01 PM
    I bought a galaxy s3 recently, and have just got around to trying NFC... the icon for it on the pull down menu is blank! opening it up, I notice two contacts that go nowhere( yes, the original Samsung batt it came with says NFC)... the back cover is just 'plastic' with nothing that would connect to those!!! should I phone samsung and ask 'where is my nfc back cover'???
    or is there something else....
    07-15-2013 12:23 PM
    Where did you by it? Authorized dealer? New, used? Backs are cheap

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Rr9 likes this.
    07-16-2013 06:09 AM
    i too have a brand new s3, authorized retailer, the battery says NFC on it, but the back cover is a plastic shell with no metal contacts or any electronics in it.

Under battery settings/more settings/nfc i can turn on nfc though. and s-beam. does this mean i can charge it with one of those Qi wireless chargers?

also, been looking at super duper batteries. any thoughts on this one? supposedly has full nfc support.::

Amazon.com: [180 days warranty] ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy S III 7000mAh Extended Battery + Free White Extended TPU Full Edge Protection Case(Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3
    08-12-2013 02:02 AM
    i found a definitive answer to us s3 owners on NFC and the back shell of the phone.

here at this link they review an NFC compatible aftermarket battery with included custom back shell: MobileTechReview Forum, News and Reviews: ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy Note II 9300 mAh Extended Battery Review

and they say: "Also note that this battery-case doesn't offer NFC. While ZeroLemon's Samsung Galaxy S III extended battery does support NFC (it's in the battery in the GS3), the Galaxy Note II model doesn't (NFC is in the back cover on the Note II)"

Thus, some samsung phones need the electronics in the shell, others do not.
    08-14-2013 06:59 AM
    You can also use the NFC for the app ISIS WALLET.
    11-11-2013 02:15 PM