i have an hp printer. bought 2 years ago. i think it's the first wireless model.

anyways, when i load the software for it. it will configure for my laptop to print wirelessly. using my phone as the hotspot router.

however.

once i log off the internet. and log back on. the printer doesn't detect anymore. unless i run through the software installation again. have to do that every time i want to use my printer wirelesly.

i have noticed that my ip address changes every time i use the internet. so i would assume that would be the reason why.

is there a way around that. so that i don't have to run the software installation every time i want to use the printer. it would also seem that if i want to go back to using the cable method. i need to run the software installation again to configure for the cable.

i like the wireless idea. but don't want to install the software every time i need the printer.
    05-30-2013 02:23 PM
    i have an hp printer. bought 2 years ago. i think it's the first wireless model.

anyways, when i load the software for it. it will configure for my laptop to print wirelessly. using my phone as the hotspot router.

however.

once i log off the internet. and log back on. the printer doesn't detect anymore. unless i run through the software installation again. have to do that every time i want to use my printer wirelesly.

i have noticed that my ip address changes every time i use the internet. so i would assume that would be the reason why.

is there a way around that. so that i don't have to run the software installation every time i want to use the printer. it would also seem that if i want to go back to using the cable method. i need to run the software installation again to configure for the cable.

i like the wireless idea. but don't want to install the software every time i need the printer.
    Only way is to manually change the corresponding IP address of your device.
    05-30-2013 03:20 PM
    Home routers allow you to assign IP addresses to devices. Whether the phone can do that our not, I am not sure.

If you can, it would behoove you to get a wireless print server or router to attach the printer to (some can be found for $20 - 40). This would allow your laptop to connect to the printer wireless as well, without having to use the phone. Then you can set up your own adhoc network with static addresses.

Most devices now are easy to set up and pretty much walk you through everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-30-2013 06:13 PM
    the problem with that idea though. is nmore thing to plug into the truck. and the way i've got my power outlet setup. more wires.

there's also the problem of power surges. every time the truck starts up. so i leave the power invertor turned off. till needed.

already fried 4 laptops. now it only gets charged when the laptop is off and truck is running.
    06-01-2013 07:31 AM