My wife and I currently have S3s and have been really happy with them, they are good phones, run well, seem to have few issues, etc. Touchwiz hasn't been a dealbreaker for either of us. So I guess what I'm saying is, we are happy with Samsung.

We are due for upgrades at the end of the month. We have been really interested in the Note 2. We will lose unlimited data, but as we are using less than a gig between the two of us each month, this isn't really an issue for us at this time (most of the places we go we are on WiFi). But of course, as with all upgrades, we don't want to burn through one, and then end up regretting the choice. We have researched and find the Note 2 to have really high reviews, and people seem largely happy with their choice of the Note 2. We aren't really trying to do the "but the next best thing will be out in 4-6-8 months" thing, because that will always exist, it seems. My question is this: Note 2 owners, do you like your purchase? Are you happy with the Note 2? Pros/cons?

tl;dr version: If you have a Note 2, do you like it? Is it worth the switch, coming from the S3?
    06-02-2013 11:54 AM
    The only thing I didn't like about my note 2 was the bulk of it. (My son currently has it). Don't get me wrong the 5.5 inch screen is great to look at but when its off you have to find somewhere to put it even with the single hand mode on its difficult to manage and I have pretty big hands. It's just not convenient. I went from S3 to note 2 to S4 and I say the S4 does everything the note 2 does it just doesn't come with a built in s pen. And .5 inch less screen is not a deal breaker for me.
    TheAutoMomma and RazorDroid like this.
    06-02-2013 12:07 PM
    I was having the same questions coming from a S3...they helped here in the forum for me as well. I thought it wouldn't seem like big upgrade BUT I WAS WRONG. Everything a bout it is tons better than the S3. I thought the size would get to me but after a day and half I was used to it. Its not really that big once you get used to it...I love the size...and im a female, my hands hurt the first day and a half of working with it,lol but all is well now.... love then pen...I cant put the phone down.. I've only had it since Thursday evening and the battery life is awseome...the battery life on my s3 sucked big time.

I used to be the next big thing type of person.... but I'm over that...I'm suprised I didn't go for the S4.... BUT I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE..I think the S3 was the only phone I had since the original EVO that I had for almost a year...

~Jae, tap'n on my Galaxy Note 2~owned since 5-30-13
    06-02-2013 08:50 PM
    I love my Note2. It is my first Samsung phone and Touchwiz doesn't bother me much! I say go into the store and check it out... get a feel for it, as it is a big phone! The screen is great to watch videos on. I love it.

Come back and let us know what you decide!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    06-02-2013 08:57 PM
    I love mine! First samsung phone. I like touchwiz. Love the size of the phone. The s-pen is great. I use it for shopping lists and drawing. It doesn't lag at all. Battery life is superb. Can't really go wrong with the Note 2. When Jae was looking for hers, lots of people had many good things to say, and several tips for when she finally decided to get it. Good luck :-)

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!! :-)
    06-02-2013 09:46 PM
    I upgraded to the Note 2 after they had done the official announcement of the S4. I wasn't excited about the S4 after the announcement so I got the Note 2. Let me say that I am very happy with my decision.

I like the screen size, s pen, dual screen ability, battery life, just everything about this phone!

06-02-2013 10:56 PM
    I Love Love Love my Note 2! It is by far the best phone I have ever owned! I have owned it since Feb. and learn new things/features every day!

Just a few Pros:
    Size (Love it)
    S pen (use it for everything)
    Battery life is Awesome

None yet!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    06-03-2013 12:34 AM
    I don't think the note2 is bulky. I am a woman with small hands. Love it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    06-03-2013 06:24 PM
    Im very happy with my N2 and would highly recomend it to anybody looking for a android phone. As for the size, yes its large when compaired to most other smartphones on the market today, but size is relitave. Mine fits in my pocket just fine and dosent get in my way and the extra real estate is nice when using the phone.
    06-03-2013 11:42 PM
    I love mine. Had it since january. Yeah its big. But it fits in my pockets.. I have normal pockets not littke pockets lol. I bought an otterbox for mine and even w that on I can carry it easily. Yeah its big.. but its so smooth and the screen is awesome for videos and pics. My battery last all day w pretty heavy use.. texting and fb and stuff. If u get ine I suggest a cover. Even if not the otterbox because the bare phone is slick.. im otterbox fan but thats just me.
    Good luck in whichever phone u get..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    06-03-2013 11:48 PM
    Thanks for the replies! I am 90% sold on the Note 2, and my wife is 100% sold, and then some. Wonder if Verizon will have a July 4th sale?
    LadiJae likes this.
    06-06-2013 09:51 AM