Charging the Note2

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I just got my Note2 and have a question about charging. Can I use any mico USB charger? The phone didnt come with one (used) but I have a ton from other devices. Some charge it at a snails pace, like 2% per hour while hours like the one from my Nexus10 charge it really fast. Could I use any charger or could one of them hurt the phone or battery?

Thanks
:)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

SilentRinger

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
the original charger that came with my Verizon Galaxy Note II
charges the phone really quickly. from 15% to 100, it takes
less than 2 hours. is this supposed to be normal?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I bought a 2 amp charge to use downstairs at home, but upstairs, in the car, and at work I use the same chargers I used with my Droid X and Galaxy Nexus.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
2amp is the OEM. Most phones from pre 2011 use 0.7a. So almost guaranteed whatever you have lying around the house is .7amp . go on Amazon or eBay and get a 2amp port

sent from Galaxy Note 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Use one that is not aftermarket. I am very much into mfg products. I tried aftermarket off mfg product like batteries on the past. Not a good idea. Doesn't work long term. Even my car charger is verizon branded. I won't use cheap. You can order Samsung from Samsung. Am sure verizon has too

sent from my amazing Note2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Use one that is not aftermarket. I am very much into mfg products. I tried aftermarket off mfg product like batteries on the past. Not a good idea. Doesn't work long term. Even my car charger is verizon branded. I won't use cheap. You can order Samsung from Samsung. Am sure verizon has too

sent from my amazing Note2

Quality doesn't necessarily mean expensive. I got a genuine charger and cable for my new ipad for free ar a while back. The charger works fine with my Note II, but obviously need a micro usb cable

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Wynnded

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My GTab 10.1 and my N7 chargers all say that they have an output rating of 5V/2.0A, just as the charger for my Note 2 does. All charge the Note just fine and I've used whichever is closest at hand when needed. A charger rated lower will simply not charge you device as quickly and my not even be able to keep up if you're using it at the same time. The truly critical thing to watch for is the voltage rating (5V). I think that is becoming pretty standardized.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2