What's the easiest way to pull pics off the Note 2 internal memory? I'm not talking about uploading to a dropbox or anything, I'm talking physically pulling them off to a laptop. Can I just connect the USB cord to the laptop and pull them off?
    06-11-2013 09:43 AM
    What's the easiest way to pull pics off the Note 2 internal memory? I'm not talking about uploading to a dropbox or anything, I'm talking physically pulling them off to a laptop. Can I just connect the USB cord to the laptop and pull them off?
    Yup. You can use your charging cable to do this. Your PC (Windows?) should show it once the device initializes with your PC. Once done, you can open a window for your Note 2 (it may show your device model number for a name), and open a window to your PC file you want the pics to go to, and drag and drop. Now, the PC may not move the file, as it may make a copy, so you will have two copies of the same picture. One will be on your PC, one still on your Note 2. If your PC copies, I would check to ensure they copied ok, then delete the pics if that's what you want to do.
    06-11-2013 09:54 AM
    Try the following from the manual (page 118) here: http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/...te2_manual.pdf
    1. Attach your device to the computer with a USB data cable. Your device recognizes the connection as the last connection method you used, and displays a connection alert in the Status bar and Notifications.
    2. From the Home screen, sweep your finger downward to display Notifications, then touch the alert.
    3. Select a connection method:
    Media device (MTP): Transfer media files with Windows, or using Android file transfer on a Mac (see Android.com).
    Camera (PTP): Transfer photos using camera software, and transfer files to computers that do not support MTP.
    4. On your computer, choose a method for accessing your device. Available options depend on the programs installed on your computer.
    5. Transfer files to the memory card. When finished, you can disconnect the USB cable.

Note: If you are a Windows XP user, ensure that you have Windows XP Service Pack 3 or higher installed on your computer. Also, ensure that you have Samsung Kies 2.0 OR Windows Media Player 10 or higher installed on your computer.
    Im using Windows XP Pro (with Service Pack 3 and Windows Media Player 11), no Samsung drivers or software and using the above method two drives show up in Windows Explorer, one for the device storage and one for the SDcard. From there, I just copy/paste.
    06-11-2013 10:04 AM
    Thanks for the help!
    06-11-2013 10:15 AM
    I don't like to unnecessarily charge my phone so I use SwiFTP. It turns the phone into a FTP server and you can just connect via Windows Explorer and pull all the pics off. I also use it to move music on and off my phone
    06-11-2013 01:52 PM
    Try the following from the manual (page 118) here: http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/...te2_manual.pdf

Im using Windows XP Pro (with Service Pack 3 and Windows Media Player 11), no Samsung drivers or software and using the above method two drives show up in Windows Explorer, one for the device storage and one for the SDcard. From there, I just copy/paste.
    Cool to see something working with XP. Just curious, how does your computer "see" the two drives without Samsung drivers for the phone? Is there a generic driver that works for XP, Win7, etc? Or, is the phone somehow just presenting itself as sort of a USB bridge or hub and thus exposing the internal and external SD cards to XP?
    06-11-2013 07:59 PM
    Cool to see something working with XP. Just curious, how does your computer "see" the two drives without Samsung drivers for the phone? Is there a generic driver that works for XP, Win7, etc? Or, is the phone somehow just presenting itself as sort of a USB bridge or hub and thus exposing the internal and external SD cards to XP?
    It's just using MTP (Media Transfer Protocol). The drivers are included in Windows Media Player 10 (or higher, I have 11). For more info on MTP, see: Media Transfer Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On Microsoft Windows, MTP is supported in Windows XP if Windows Media Player 10 or later versions are installed. Windows Vista and later have MTP support built in.
    Trees likes this.
    06-12-2013 06:46 AM