why did the trade-in value of VZW Galaxy Note 2 suddenly drop by $52 within the last 2 days?

SilentRinger

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
why did the trade-in value of VZW Galaxy Note 2 suddenly drop by $52 within the last 2 days?

I was going to trade it in because I am moving to an area not served by Verizon 4G. Only AT&T 4G is currently available.... :(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

I was going to trade it in because I am moving to an area not served by Verizon 4G. Only AT&T 4G is currently available.... :(

If you root your device you can use it on at&t since it is sim unlocked already all you need to do is change the apn settings which verizon hid.

The price may have dropped simply because of time depreciation. Devices don't hold trade in value very long.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

SilentRinger

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
If you root your device you can use it on at&t since it is sim unlocked already all you need to do is change the apn settings which verizon hid.

The price may have dropped simply because of time depreciation. Devices don't hold trade in value very long.

rooting? that's no longer necessary with 4.1.2 I've been my Verizon Note II on AT&T with 3G data just fine. However, it's not capable of picking up AT&T's 4G service.

I got an email back from the company and they told me that the trade-in price dropped because the Note 3. Apparently the Note 3 has been leaked on several sites.
Fortunately, they are willing to honor my previous quote from two days ago.(which was $52 higher)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
rooting? that's no longer necessary with 4.1.2 I've been my Verizon Note II on AT&T with 3G data just fine. However, it's not capable of picking up AT&T's 4G service.

I got an email back from the company and they told me that the trade-in price dropped because the Note 3. Apparently the Note 3 has been leaked on several sites.
Fortunately, they are willing to honor my previous quote from two days ago.(which was $52 higher)

I was able to run 4g when I did it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2