Sorry as I am sure there are threads on this, I just couldn't find good ones.

I need advice from all you experienced car mount users please! I want a very minimal but extremely stable portable car mount to hold my Note 2.

I purchased the one below as I loved the look minimal bulk and the white color to match my phone. It holds the phone perfectly but does NOT stay stuck to the dash! So disappointing! I am wondering if the 'Vent Clip' style will work better? I need suggestions and if you have photos would be great please. Thank you so much!

Margie
    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Attached Thumbnails Need Car mount for Note 2 that Stays Put-1371309008745.jpg  
    06-15-2013 10:14 AM
    This is what I use. Works well even with a case.

iOttie HLCRIO101 One Touch XL Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for Galaxy S4/Galaxy Note 2 - Retail Packaging - Black
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007FH716W/...cUvbUpU2861425

Posted via Android Central App
    06-16-2013 08:13 AM
    This is what I use. Works well even with a case.

iOttie HLCRIO101 One Touch XL Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for Galaxy S4/Galaxy Note 2 - Retail Packaging - Black
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007FH716W/...cUvbUpU2861521

K_Daddy, thank you so much for being the only one to respond out of 244 views!

Do you find that this mount really Stays put and doesn't fall off? Thank you again!

Margie
    06-16-2013 09:43 AM
    I use the ProClip USA mount that charges while installed. You will get an adapter that is custom fitted for your car or truck. It is more expensive but acts like a professional installation and doesn't block the view on your dash or from sticking to the windshield. The nice thing is that when you get a new phone you only have to buy the cradle as long as you have the same car. They have adjustable options in case you use a case on your Note II. The website is Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts - ProClip USA.
    06-16-2013 01:34 PM
    I LOVE this one. Works great with my phone in its case. Portrait or Landscape.

Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004G1L52Q?...cUvbUpU2863124

06-17-2013 09:29 AM
    Thank you so much to all of you who responded! I really appreciate your time and suggestions!

Margie
    06-17-2013 10:40 AM
    I just zip tie a phone holder to one of my air vents. I do turn the vent off.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-17-2013 10:55 PM
    I just zip tie a phone holder to one of my air vents. I do turn the vent off.

Seriously?

Margie
    06-18-2013 12:19 AM
    This is the best one I've found and it's extremely easy to use. Comes in some cool colors. The suction cup that attaches to your dash or windshield has some washable sticky stuff like the toys you throw at the wall and watch them crawl down so it sticks to the windshield very firmly. Only need one hand to easily stick your phone in there. Works with large phones like the note 2 plus any other phone or device you please, within reason of course. You can twist it around easily with one hand to have the phone in landscape or portrait view. I love it. Easy one handed use, very versatile and you don't have to adjust it at all just put your phone in and go. Plus with the design you don't have to leave it set up to hold any certain phone so if someone else drives your car they can use it as well. I was lucky enough to find a store here locally that sells them for 25$ but I would still pay the 35$ msrp because it's well worth it. Look it up on youtube as well to see it in action it's called the neo grab. Here's their website. http://neograb.com

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    06-18-2013 12:31 AM
    Here you go

06-18-2013 12:33 AM
    Here's a picture from the website of it actually holding a note 2.

Attached Thumbnails Need Car mount for Note 2 that Stays Put-uploadfromtaptalk1371533892736.jpg  
    06-18-2013 12:38 AM
    This is the best one I've found and it's extremely easy to use. Comes in some cool colors. The suction cup that attaches to your dash or windshield has some washable sticky stuff like the toys you throw at the wall and watch them crawl down so it sticks to the windshield very firmly. Only need one hand to easily stick your phone in there. Works with large phones like the note 2 plus any other phone or device you please, within reason of course. You can twist it around easily with one hand to have the phone in landscape or portrait view. I love it. Easy one handed use, very versatile and you don't have to adjust it at all just put your phone in and go. Plus with the design you don't have to leave it set up to hold any certain phone so if someone else drives your car they can use it as well. I was lucky enough to find a store here locally that sells them for 25$ but I would still pay the 35$ msrp because it's well worth it. Look it up on youtube as well to see it in action it's called the neo grab. Here's their website. http://neograb.com

Thank you so much! This looks really cool with minimal bulk and more modern like the one I bought. I am trying that one on the windshield now and it seems to be staying put, where as it did not stay on the dash. Mine too had that gel type bottom. Do you find this neo grab does stay on the dash?

Thanks again so much! I will definitely check into this one.

Margie
    06-18-2013 12:51 AM
    Thank you so much! This looks really cool with minimal bulk and more modern like the one I bought. I am trying that one on the windshield now and it seems to be staying put, where as it did not stay on the dash. Mine too had that gel type bottom. Do you find this neo grab does stay on the dash?

Thanks again so much! I will definitely check into this one.

Margie
    I haven't tried it on my dash yet just on the windshield but I think it would stick very easily to just about any flat surface. Watch the second youtube video I put on here. They go a little overboard because I don't think anyone is gonna use it to move a table or pull a car but it points out that it obviously has a very good grip.

GregMargie likes this.
    06-18-2013 12:57 AM
    The actual stickum device that K_Daddy suggest looks a lot like the after market unit I purchased for my Garmin navigator. I live in an area that has serious temperature swings. So the original hold for the Garmin would continually fall. This stickum unit will stay on your windshield (providing that your windshield is clean). I have an integrated blue tooth, so the note is generally in my pocket. Good luck...
    06-18-2013 09:41 AM
    Here you go

Haha, That second video is pretty interesting. To funny, using it to hang her coat on! It looks like a great mount! Thanks again!

Margie
    06-18-2013 09:52 AM
    Haha, That second video is pretty interesting. To funny, using it to hang her coat on! It looks like a great mount! Thanks again!

Margie
    Your welcome.

06-18-2013 02:42 PM
    Your welcome.

Just in case anyone else is interested, found it on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BHU...cUvbUpU2866100

Margie
    Attached Thumbnails Need Car mount for Note 2 that Stays Put-1371587032741.jpg  
    chrscaley likes this.
    06-18-2013 03:24 PM
    Just in case anyone else is interested, found it on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BHU...cUvbUpU2866127

Margie
    Nice find!

06-18-2013 03:43 PM
    Seriously?

Margie
    Yup. This way it stays put and doesn't block any part of my view. Every other mount besides the cd player holder falls down. The only bad part of the cd player holder is it blocks part of the radio.

06-18-2013 09:35 PM
    Yup. This way it stays put and doesn't block any part of my view. Every other mount besides the cd player holder falls down. The only bad part of the cd player holder is it blocks part of the radio.

Mine doesn't fall down.

06-18-2013 09:37 PM
    Over the weekend, i ordered an iBolt unit from shopandroid.com. They were on sale for 15% off. It arrived today, it is great. It is adjustable, so even a galaxy S3 will fit, plus phones bigger than the note also should fit.
    GregMargie likes this.
    06-19-2013 08:07 PM