Does PDANet+ (FoxFi) work on your Note 2 (Hotspot)

Does PDANet+ (FoxFi) hotspot work?

• Total voters

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking about getting a Note 2. However, being able to tether from it via hotspot is a MUST for me. I prefer not to root so does PDANet+ work for you? Are you able to connect your laptop or tablet wirelessly to the internet via your Note 2? There is a poll above. Please vote and if you have any commments, post away. Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a co-worker with the Note 2 and he said that FoxFi does work for him. Keep in mind that although it works today, it could be disabled and not work in the future. So i would highly caution purchasing the Note 2 on this condition.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a co-worker with the Note 2 and he said that FoxFi does work for him. Keep in mind that although it works today, it could be disabled and not work in the future. So i would highly caution purchasing the Note 2 on this condition.
I agree, as apps and products change quite often and different Carriers change policies and block things as well. I am on Verizon. With that said, I purchased PdaNet a couple years ago for 15.99 and had to connect USB cord between phone and laptop, and it worked very well. When I got my Note 2 in Feb. of this year, I couldn't get it to work and contacted June Fabrics (dev) and I had to just do an update as they combined (what I was told) with Foxfi.

It worked great and now it is also wireless and I do not need to connect via USB/cord! So I am very happy. I truly hope that you don't make that a condition for NOT purchasing the Note 2, as it is the Best Phone I have ever Owned! Good Luck in your decision!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The stock app works just fine without subscription, when activated by a third party widget

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock app all the time with no issues. Only reason I'm clinging onto unlimited data

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, works for my Note 2 by Verizon. Awhile back, I purchased the FoxFi app for about $8.00. The FoxFi app worked fine for my phone for doing wireless tethering un-rooted. Then later, there was an update (or message) saying essentially that I pretty much need to also download/install the PdaNet+ app (at not cost since I had previously already paid for FoxFi). I now have both the FoxFi app and PdaNet+ app installed on my phone. I used to open the FoxFi app for tethering, but now I simply click on the PdaNet+ app instead for tethering. The whole relationship between FoxFi and PdaNet+ has become a bit confusing in the past few months after FoxFi got bought out by PdaNet+ (I think), especially when app updates change the way the apps operate. Sometimes I get an error message saying I must pay for the mobile wifi hotspot feature, but after clicking out of the message, it goes away. I don't use the app too often, only when I'm out and about on the road. But it sure comes in handy!

I also previously used the USB corded method for PdaNet back in the days of the Palm Treo smartphones. But I found the USB corded method to be a bit cumbersome because you had to install the PdaNet app both to the phone as well as the (Windows) computer that you will be tethering the phone too. Sometimes it was a b!tch to install the app to either phone or the laptop comptuer, because whatever additional app was required wouldn't be compatible with whatever device. I would then do a Google search to find whatever patch was needed for a particular phone to make USB tethering work. That was a pain! Not to mention that you could only tether via USB cable to 1 device at a time, whereas with wireless tethering, you can wirelessly tether to multiple devices simultaneously. Wireless tethering is superior to USB tethering in so many ways.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, works for my Note 2 by Verizon. Awhile back, I purchased the FoxFi app for about $8.00. The FoxFi app worked fine for my phone for doing wireless tethering un-rooted. Then later, there was an update (or message) saying essentially that I pretty much need to also download/install the PdaNet+ app (at not cost since I had previously already paid for FoxFi). I now have both the FoxFi app and PdaNet+ app installed on my phone. I used to open the FoxFi app for tethering, but now I simply click on the PdaNet+ app instead for tethering. The whole relationship between FoxFi and PdaNet+ has become a bit confusing in the past few months after FoxFi got bought out by PdaNet+ (I think), especially when app updates change the way the apps operate. Sometimes I get an error message saying I must pay for the mobile wifi hotspot feature, but after clicking out of the message, it goes away. I don't use the app too often, only when I'm out and about on the road. But it sure comes in handy!

I also previously used the USB corded method for PdaNet back in the days of the Palm Treo smartphones. But I found the USB corded method to be a bit cumbersome because you had to install the PdaNet app both to the phone as well as the (Windows) computer that you will be tethering the phone too. Sometimes it was a b!tch to install the app to either phone or the laptop comptuer, because whatever additional app was required wouldn't be compatible with whatever device. I would then do a Google search to find whatever patch was needed for a particular phone to make USB tethering work. That was a pain! Not to mention that you could only tether via USB cable to 1 device at a time, whereas with wireless tethering, you can wirelessly tether to multiple devices simultaneously. Wireless tethering is superior to USB tethering in so many ways.

There's no need for the pdanet with the foxfi. i also started getting those notifications about adding pdanet to foxfi but i ignored them. pdanet was great when that was the only option, but foxfi is in a whole different league. bag the pdanet, you don't need it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc