I am blown away by battery life on the Note2

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Every other android device I have had would see a charger by noon on most days and they all had extended batteries. My Note2 with stock battery has never been on a charger except for when I am sleeping.

I am just absolutely blown away. I knew the battery was larger in the Note2 but I figured the larger screen size would negate most of the extra battery juice. But this phone's ability to retain a charge is just unmatched from anything else I have owned. And although I do turn off things like GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth when they are not in use I have never done anything such a power saver mode or anything else that curtails the phone's performance. I am just amazed, this reason alone is worth updating to this device IMO.

Just had to share one of my extreme joys of owning this phone for the past few weeks :)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
That's great to hear!

How long do you usually go between charges? I used to always say to myself that I would never get a phone as big as the Note 2 but I find myself looking at them more often.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
That's great to hear!

How long do you usually go between charges? I used to always say to myself that I would never get a phone as big as the Note 2 but I find myself looking at them more often.

I still charge every night because I use my Note as my clock/white noise machine while plugged into a charging dock next to the bed. I usually have about 4 or 5 hours of screen time usage a day, use full brightness with wifi on all day, and still have anywhere from 30 - 50% battery left at the end of the day. Of course everyone's usage will vary, and battery results will vary, but I never worry about not having enough battery left at any point in the day, regardless of my usage. And the only way to know if the size is an issue for you is to go to a store and try it out, ask them if they have a model not tethered to the security thing, so you can try it in your pocket. Once I did that, I knew this was the phone for me. I love the size, and I'm a small (5'5") dude. There is still not a single device on the market I like better at this point. The LG Optimus G Pro is sweet, and runs a very close second in my opinion, but I like the S-Pen and multi-view on the Note. Can't wait to see what they do with the Note3!

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I am only charging it when I am sleeping so its off the charger 15-18 hours.

Again, I am blown away by this because my other 3 Android phones with an extended battery would need charging by noon, I would almost never make it through a full day, if I did it would be because I literally didnt use the phone at all.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I am only charging it when I am sleeping so its off the charger 15-18 hours.

Again, I am blown away by this because my other 3 Android phones with an extended battery would need charging by noon, I would almost never make it through a full day, if I did it would be because I literally didnt use the phone at all.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
The only time I had an Android phone go that long was when I had my Gnex. It was rooted and had a custom kernel and lasted about 20+ hours but I wasn't using that as much as my HOX+. I might have to look into the Note 2.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Every other android device I have had would see a charger by noon on most days and they all had extended batteries. My Note2 with stock battery has never been on a charger except for when I am sleeping.

I am just absolutely blown away. I knew the battery was larger in the Note2 but I figured the larger screen size would negate most of the extra battery juice. But this phone's ability to retain a charge is just unmatched from anything else I have owned. And although I do turn off things like GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth when they are not in use I have never done anything such a power saver mode or anything else that curtails the phone's performance. I am just amazed, this reason alone is worth updating to this device IMO.

Just had to share one of my extreme joys of owning this phone for the past few weeks :)

Completely agree! It's refreshing to not worry about battery life. Even when it gets down to 30% or less, you know you've got a while to go yet. On previous phones, I'd be planning to swap batteries or looking for a charge. It's even sweeter having the option for a fully charged spare battery to get you back to 100% charge in minutes.

IMHO, this phone has the trifecta: battery life, 5.5" screen and S-Pen! No other phone can compete. It's game over man, game over! :p

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
That's great to hear!

I charge every night because it's convenient. Yesterday I glanced at the battery page in settings and after 7 hours 37 minutes I still had 79% battery left. That included 2 hours 16 minutes at screen time. I have the stock battery and always have screen at full brightness.

Right now I'm at 96% after 2 hours 2 minutes.

The stock battery is 3100mah battery. There are also 6200 and 9300 mah batteries available. The ZeroLemon 9300 mah battery, which I also have, will run the phone for 3-4 days. I get about 14 hours of screen time but if you turn the screen brightness down some you can easily get 20 hours of screen time. That battery adds some bulk but it doesn't have to be your daily driver, you can just use it for places where you can't get to a power plug. Best part is that it's only $40.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the Gnex as well as the Note 2. I have an extended battery 3800mAh on the Gnex and the Note with stock battery still out lasts the Gnex. Here's my best stats for the Note 2, GPS off, BT off, on wifi....

yqy7y7uq.jpg

uqy2u3y3.jpg

What?! ... I'm msndrstood.
via Note II

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I keep mine charged as much as possible because of these two words: Hurricane Sandy. I saw many people interviewed after that hurricane and many of them lamented that they didn't have a full charge on their cell phone when the hurricane hit. So, even with long battery life I recommend that you keep it plugged in whenever you can.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I keep mine charged as much as possible because of these two words: Hurricane Sandy. I saw many people interviewed after that hurricane and many of them lamented that they didn't have a full charge on their cell phone when the hurricane hit. So, even with long battery life I recommend that you keep it plugged in whenever you can.

I have 2 stock batteries, just ordered a 4500 mAh external charger (now I have 2) and I also just ordered a 6200 mAh extended battery. Plus I have a UPS to charge the external batteries. I'm obsessed with being out of touch since we ditched our house phone. We're in PA but in the boonies and when our power goes out, which it does at times for no reason, it can be out for 12+ hours. I don't take any chances. :p

What?! ... I'm msndrstood.
via Note II

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Because of Hurricane Sandy I got a solar powered charger.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

I charge mine whenever possible just because there is no reason not to.
I'm not one of those who wants to see how long my device can go on a single charge.

Mine charges in the car, at work, or just sitting around the house.
I'm out on my deck now drinking my morning coffee, it's charging.