I am blown away by battery life on the Note2

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a Note 2 and I blame everyone in here for "making" me do it :p

I got mine from amazon yesterday for $80 on contract. I kept hearing about the battery and screen size and had to try it.

All I have to say is... Awesome...

Posted via Android Central App

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I charge mine whenever possible just because there is no reason not to.
I'm not one of those who wants to see how long my device can go on a single charge.

Mine charges in the car, at work, or just sitting around the house.
I'm out on my deck now drinking my morning coffee, it's charging.

That sounds like a lot of wear and tear on the phone (ex. charging port and increased heat build up internally), not to mention being tethered to a cord (or some power source). IMO, kind of defeats the purpose of having a mobile (keyword being mobile :)) device, as well as not fully utilizing the Note 2's awesome battery life. :)

I'd rather have a spare battery and swap out as needed (phone is rarely if ever connected to a charger). No need to worry about trying to stay topped off and it keeps the phone unencumbered as it's not tethered to anything. It's also a lot cheaper to replace a worn battery door if needed (although easy to mitigate by being careful taking it off/on). Anyway, different strokes for different folks. :)

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I charge mine whenever possible just because there is no reason not to.
I'm not one of those who wants to see how long my device can go on a single charge.

Mine charges in the car, at work, or just sitting around the house.
I'm out on my deck now drinking my morning coffee, it's charging.

I need a dock.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I too agree.... the battery on the Note 2 is amazing! Kind of scary that I rarely even look at my battery % anymore because this phone has spoiled me! I start out about 6:30am using my phone...... lots of calls, lots of email, texts, leave FB connected, play some words w/friends, gps and a few other things and my battery is usually anywhere between 40-60% come 5-6pm!! Outstanding! Love this phone!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
That sounds like a lot of wear and tear on the phone (ex. charging port and increased heat build up internally), not to mention being tethered to a cord (or some power source). IMO, kind of defeats the purpose of having a mobile (keyword being mobile :)) device, as well as not fully utilizing the Note 2's awesome battery life. :)

I'd rather have a spare battery and swap out as needed (phone is rarely if ever connected to a charger). No need to worry about trying to stay topped off and it keeps the phone unencumbered as it's not tethered to anything. It's also a lot cheaper to replace a worn battery door if needed (although easy to mitigate by being careful taking it off/on). Anyway, different strokes for different folks. :)

Ah yes, the myths of over charging damages. I've done it with every phone I've ever owned since the 90's. Never once replaced a battery or phone due to charging damage.

Tethered to a cord. I'm in the car, not using it much anyway. At work, I work with computers, sitting at my desk all day, it sits on the desk with me. At home, I'm sitting on the deck, watching TV, reading, or sleeping, the cord is 6' long, not in the way at all.

There is no reason to see how long my battery can last when I'm usually near an outlet.
I'd rather charge it whenever I want rather than turn off features, or not use the device for fear of the battery not lasting all week.
I use my phone more than I use my laptop, of course I'm going to keep it charged when I can.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Ah yes, the myths of over charging damages. I've done it with every phone I've ever owned since the 90's. Never once replaced a battery or phone due to charging damage.

Tethered to a cord. I'm in the car, not using it much anyway. At work, I work with computers, sitting at my desk all day, it sits on the desk with me. At home, I'm sitting on the deck, watching TV, reading, or sleeping, the cord is 6' long, not in the way at all.

There is no reason to see how long my battery can last when I'm usually near an outlet.
I'd rather charge it whenever I want rather than turn off features, or not use the device for fear of the battery not lasting all week.
I use my phone more than I use my laptop, of course I'm going to keep it charged when I can.

I could see doing that if it's a device with poor battery life and/or one with a sealed/embedded battery, but we're talking about the Note 2, a device with pretty awesome battery life! :confused: If you're worried so much about getting caught with a low charge, I think a couple spare batteries and an external charger would be much more useful. :) Regardless, it still sounds like a PITA to have it connected to a charging cable so much. I hate doing that even with my laptop.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I enjoy seeing how long I can go without charging as well. I usually only charge at night, and that gets me through my whole work day and more.

Coming from an HTC Evo 4G my phone would sometimes not even make it 2 hours. I love this phone and its huge battery. I no longer have to carry my charger around, unless I choose to lol

Sent from Galaxy-Note... The 2nd One!

dabombcra

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Note 2 for a little over a week. The battery is truly amazing. I take my phone off of the charger around 6 am and at 4 pm when I get off of work it is at 60% + charged. With my old phone I have to switch out the battery at least once. I have push emails, GPS is on, 4G on, WIFI is off, apps have notification active, screen brightness is up, I use Maps with Navigation, stream music, text, phone calls and I use the S-Pen. On the last two weekends I have tried to use the phone as much as I can to see if I can exhaust the battery. Even after 15+ hours there is 25% left in the battery with heavy use. With my usage, I still have to charge the phone nightly. Thus far I am not even thinking of getting second battery.

If you are thinking of getting this phone, I suggest giving it a shot. The screen is big and so worth it. After a day of use, I was hooked.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Looking forward to your thoughts after using it for awhile.
I'm dying to get home and start playing around with the features! According to the description, its already rooted and I found a ROM I wanted to flash to it already :)

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I was gonna go with ParanoidAndroid 3.60, that halo feature really caught my eye :)

Cool. I haven't tried that one yet. Don't forget, you may lose some of the Touchwiz features if you go with an AOSP ROM, and battery life might take a little bit of a hit on AOSP ROMs. Some folks don't care, just thought I'd give you a heads up in case you had not been aware. Have fun!!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Cool. I haven't tried that one yet. Don't forget, you may lose some of the Touchwiz features if you go with an AOSP ROM, and battery life might take a little bit of a hit on AOSP ROMs. Some folks don't care, just thought I'd give you a heads up in case you had not been aware. Have fun!!
I did know about the Touchwiz features and actually found some apps that could replace the features that are lost but I didn't know about the battery life. I'll also search out a TW ROM so I can test them both out.

Thanks for the heads up!

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Note 2 for about 10 days, and I'm also amazed by the battery life.

But I'm easily impressed, my former smartphone was a Samsung Droid Charge, which had AWFUL battery life!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis