I have been with android since the Samsung Fascinate. And I have been through a few phones. Always getting the latest and greatest.
    After several months the phones would start to get buggy and slow and unresponsive. Weather I do I factory reset or not they will have issues. It seems to be a common trait with android phones.
    My last phone being the razr maxx, I really thought it would be a while before I get another phone. That's how much I loved it. Well here I am with the note 2 thinking that this one would be just fine with double the ram. So will the Note 2 hold up or will it go down the same road like the rest of them?
    06-28-2013 06:51 PM
    How many apps do you typically have installed, and how many opened at a time? I ask as application background or active processes could consume the phones system resources to a point where the phones begins to exhibit the symptoms you've described.
    06-28-2013 07:06 PM
    Well how many is too much? I have basic stuff just like anyone else and then some. Sports apps, news, just a few games, my cloud apps like dropbox and drive. The thing is these phones are just so snappy and quick at first and then several months down the road it crawls like a snail. I don't have any task killers, and I use a cache cleaner. Can it finally be the 2 gb ram on the Note 2? Is that whats needed for these phones to function properly? Because right now the Note 2 is flying. I just feel its just temporary and only a matter of time for it to start acting up.
    06-28-2013 07:25 PM
    How much ultimately depends on the phones capabilities and resources. I'm like you for the apps. The stock stuff plus weather, cloud, and root tools and other utilities.

It could be that a singular app is triggering the decline you've experienced. Or as you state that for current Android OS and skins like TouchWiz, that a decent amount of RAM and other resources are required.

Since I'm rooted and running a custom ROM, much of the bloat is gone or frozen. That helps to free up more resources. Regardless, I hope the Note 2 finally performs to your expectations
    06-28-2013 07:48 PM
    It's been a a while since I rooted. Maybe I should just go that route again. Thanks!
    06-28-2013 08:13 PM
    It's been a a while since I rooted. Maybe I should just go that route again. Thanks!
    had mine since day 1 and on just stock... it still flies, awesome phone!
    06-28-2013 10:06 PM
    had mine since day 1 and on just stock... it still flies, awesome phone!
    Agreed. Mine still goes maybe have to reset every once in a while but never a lot.
    06-28-2013 11:19 PM
    Got my N2 launch day which was seven months ago today and it's still running like a work horse. Best phone ever! For me, anyway,

Posted via Android Central App
    06-29-2013 07:03 AM
    Got my N2 launch day which was seven months ago today and it's still running like a work horse. Best phone ever! For me, anyway,

Posted via Android Central App
    Mine to and I am rooted. Love this phone.
    universeand likes this.
    06-29-2013 03:48 PM