Broken screen

celticfdguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Im a volunteer fire fighter here on Long Island and when responding to a call tonight I dropped my phone and cracked the screen.

Does anyone know of an affordable solution to fix it without going through Verizon? I have insurance but would rather fix it on my own, if at all possible.

Thanks
Nick

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I wonder if I am able to purchase the silver bezel as well as the screen? That got scratched up too!
I think if you search 'broken screen" or similar here or at xda you'll find sources of supplies and repair shops. Also doing the same search for the Note 2 on You Tube will bring up a few how to videos. Good luck.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Im a volunteer fire fighter here on Long Island and when responding to a call tonight I dropped my phone and cracked the screen.

Does anyone know of an affordable solution to fix it without going through Verizon? I have insurance but would rather fix it on my own, if at all possible.

Thanks
Nick

Call Verizon see tell them exactly how it happened. Maybe they will be a little forgiving for the fact you are a firefighter. Worth a shot worst they can say is no.

celticfdguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I am due for an upgrade... I was thinking of waiting it out, seeing if any 8 core phones will be released this year by Samsung and buy that and sell my broken one on ebay. I really dont feel like spending 100 bucks on a refurb. A cracked screen note 2 is going for like 270 bucks on ebay!

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
if the insurance that you have is through Verizon(Asurion), just file a claim... fork over the $99 and you'll get a new Note 2.(at least that's what they've been doing 11 days ago)

if you fix the screen on your own, you may void the phone's warranty and forfeit the insurance coverage.

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
if you fix the screen on your own, you may void the phone's warranty and forfeit the insurance coverage.
Only if non-OEM parts are used. Having said that if they have no experience in repairing phones then 99.00 would be a bargain to get back up and running again.