hello,
    I cant open .xls or .xlsm files on my verizon note II. i get "quickoffice - file cant be opened" error. need to open these for work. any ideas? thanks.
    07-04-2013 09:34 AM
    Can anybody help with this? Not sure if it is my note 2 or all. Can anybody open. Xls. I think I use to be able too.

galaxy note duece
    07-05-2013 12:35 PM
    I no long use Quick Office because I would always get error files with .xls files. There would be times when it would corrupt the file, and my Documents To Go app wouldn't be able to open them. The 3 office apps I use now are..
    1) Documents To Go, which is a paid app
    2) Kingsoft Office, which is free in the PlayStore (highly recommended)
    3) Polaris Office, which comes pre-installed

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    rhegarty likes this.
    07-05-2013 10:35 PM
    I no long use Quick Office because I would always get error files with .xls files. There would be times when it would corrupt the file, and my Documents To Go app wouldn't be able to open them. The 3 office apps I use now are..
    1) Documents To Go, which is a paid app
    2) Kingsoft Office, which is free in the PlayStore (highly recommended)
    3) Polaris Office, which comes pre-installed

Thanks. i have the polaris. but everything seems to default to quickoffice, and I cant find it in my apps to delete... weird. do you know how i can change my default to polaris? thanks.
    07-07-2013 07:13 AM
    Thanks. i have the polaris. but everything seems to default to quickoffice, and I cant find it in my apps to delete... weird. do you know how i can change my default to polaris? thanks.
    Have you tried going to Application > Application manager > Quick Office > Clear Defaults?

07-07-2013 10:08 AM
    I had the same problem until I used office suite. You can open them with the free version. Just save the file on your phone and it will go to you download folder by default. Next, open up office suite and then open the file from the download folder.

FYI, I had the razor HD max and because I couldn't open this type of file, which I use every day at work, I went back to the iPhone. But now I'm rocking the note 2 waiting on the 3 to drop!

Also, it's definitely worth the extra cash to upgrade to the pro version of office suite. It's the best android office app in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    rhegarty likes this.
    07-07-2013 07:55 PM
    I had the same problem until I used office suite. You can open them with the free version. Just save the file on your phone and it will go to you download folder by default. Next, open up office suite and then open the file from the download folder.

FYI, I had the razor HD max and because I couldn't open this type of file, which I use every day at work, I went back to the iPhone. But now I'm rocking the note 2 waiting on the 3 to drop!

Also, it's definitely worth the extra cash to upgrade to the pro version of office suite. It's the best android office app in my opinion.

Just resized I have Office Suite Pro installed. Forgot I had it. Got it as a Free App of the Day from Amazon App Store a while back. Just played around with it. It's a nice app with a lot of features.

rhegarty likes this.
    07-07-2013 08:13 PM

Thanks. Very helpful

galaxy note duece
    07-09-2013 07:49 AM
    Try out the free trial version of PlanMaker Mobile (you can use it for 30 days with full functionalities), that's by far the best spreadsheet app for Android.

All other office apps for Android (QuickOffice, Kingsoft Office, Polaris Office, Office Suite Pro, ThinkFree Office, Olive Office, Documents To Go Pro - I tested them all!!) have plenty of oddities with several Excel files (you've seen one of them, others would be e.g. problems opening password-protected files, or new xlsx format; files that can be opened have formatting losses, missing charts, messed up tables, and such more...).

The interoperability of PlanMaker Mobile in contrast to those is outstanding, I don't have any problems going back and forth faithfullly.

Btw., PlanMaker Mobile gives you over 330 built-in functions (more than any other), and is is the only spreadsheet on the market that allows exporting sheets directly to HTML, that masters syntax highlighting, and rotating text, that shows formula instead of results, shows and updates 3D charts, can generate PDF files directly from within the application, allows conversion from one format into another, lets you embed any TrueType or OpenType font, plus a lot more. No other spreadsheet is so feature-packed. Anyway, I'm very satisfied with it.
    cdf3 likes this.
    07-11-2013 09:00 AM
    If you have 'workbook protection' ON, then you'll get that message.

You can protect the workSHEET ...and still be able to open the file, but, again, if the workBOOK is protected ...ummm it's a no-go.

Gerry
    11-17-2013 11:56 PM
    If you have Office 360 you can get Microsoft Office. It works very well.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-20-2013 02:30 AM