Ordered a Note 2

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone 5 and just ordered a Note 2 off eBay. I have used android quite a bit in the past so I am not new to it at all, just haven't found a phone I really like and always end up back on my iPhone.

I never use a phone without a case or screen protector. Does anybody have any suggestions for any? I have always used Otterboxes.

Also on the android phones I have used battery life has never been up to par with my iPhone. The Note 2 has a massive battery. Is it necessary to get an extended or does the standard one typically last all day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

paradox60660

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would get a case pronto. I have a TPU case but right now I am using an otter box defender bought off of ebay. The samsung phones are plastic and show wear quickly and easily. Preserve your investment and get a case and screen protector. My battery lasts all day with moderate usage. Amazon has huge extended batteries if you need them. Zero Lemons battery comes with a case.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't advise on a case or screen protector (don't use them, just a Monaco vertical type leather pouch). As to the battery, there isn't a Samsung made extended one, just third party ones (ex. Anker, Zero Lemon). But unless you're a very heavy user, the stock 3100mAh battery should suffice and easily get you through a whole day. If you want though, another option would be an extra stock battery and the Samsung spare battery charger (see below). That way you always have a fully charged spare to swap out anytime.

Samsung Spare Battery Charger (3100mAh battery included) - Note: may be able to get 50% off by signing up for a Samsung account (at least you could in the past).
Samsung Note 2 Stand and Spare Battery Charger (3100mAh Battery Included)

EB-H1J9VMAGSTA_1_400_wbattery_1.jpg

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't advise on a case or screen protector (don't use them, just a Monaco vertical type leather pouch). As to the battery, there isn't a Samsung made extended one, just third party ones (ex. Anker, Zero Lemon). But unless you're a very heavy user, the stock 3100mAh battery should suffice and easily get you through a whole day. If you want though, another option would be an extra stock battery and the Samsung spare battery charger (see below). That way you always have a fully charged spare to swap out anytime.

Samsung Spare Battery Charger (3100mAh battery included) - Note: may be able to get 50% off by signing up for a Samsung account (at least you could in the past).
Samsung Note 2 Stand and Spare Battery Charger (3100mAh Battery Included)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...J9VMAGSTA_1_400_wbattery_1.jpg&token=u7tyhzjB

I have heard of these from people with other Samsung phones. I didn't know this was available for the Note 2. Thanks!

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
There are many great cases for note 2 on eBay. Just depends what your looking for

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I know.....I'm asking for suggestions.

For an outside case, I recommend the Case-mate Tough: it's protective but not bulky: Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Blue / Grey Tough Cases - Sold by CASE-MATE: Cell Phones & Accessories Comes in Blue, Pink/Red and Black. At home on a carpet I use a Cruzerlite A2 gel case because it's even less bulky but makes the phone much less slick. Kinda like slippers at home.
icon7.png
The Otterbox Defender is too big for me and the back of the Commuter is too slick.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
For an outside case, I recommend the Case-mate Tough: it's protective but not bulky: Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Blue / Grey Tough Cases - Sold by CASE-MATE: Cell Phones & Accessories Comes in Blue, Pink/Red and Black. At home on a carpet I use a Cruzerlite A2 gel case because it's even less bulky but makes the phone much less slick. Kinda like slippers at home. http://cdn-forums.androidcentral.com/images/icons/icon7.png The Otterbox Defender is too big for me and the back of the Commuter is too slick.

Does it come with a screen protector?

cootiesboy

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I got this case from here :New Touch Through Screen Case Cover Stand for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT N7100 | eBay
I really like this case because you can cover the entire front of the screen by closing the cover when you put you phone in, so you don't even need a screen protector. But the bad thing is that the white one gets dirty really fast and the blue looks too girly for a guy and I didn't even think about the pink one.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I got this case from here :New Touch Through Screen Case Cover Stand for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT N7100 | eBay
I really like this case because you can cover the entire front of the screen by closing the cover when you put you phone in, so you don't even need a screen protector. But the bad thing is that the white one gets dirty really fast and the blue looks too girly for a guy and I didn't even think about the pink one.

That's actually really cool. So the whole thing is clear it's just a plastic cover?

w0ng

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
i use ringke case, it's slim, but reliable, drop my note few times, still no dent on it. about ext batt, i suggest u buying anker, it is as good as the original one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta