Navigation app

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site
After I downloaded the new Google Maps the Navigation app disappear from my phone. How do I get it back?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Uninstall the update because navigation is in the map itself so no more blue navigation icon.
Search a place and you will get navigation option in the map itself

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
After I downloaded the new Google Maps the Navigation app disappear from my phone. How do I get it back?

You can go into Application Manager, select Maps and select uninstall updates, and the Navigation app will return. But basically, all they have done is streamlined the app into Maps.. If you search an address, get to the route screen with the car, bus, walk, and bike icons across the top, then select a route, the blue triangle will pop up on the map which, when selected, will open Navigation..

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha that's what I thought. Do you guys know if the maps has a contact option like the navigation app had?

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. Mine are up to date and I still have the blue navi arrow icon on my home screen. Am I missing something? Vzw note 2, correct?

sent from Galaxy Note 2

brandonv79

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm. Mine are up to date and I still have the blue navi arrow icon on my home screen. Am I missing something? Vzw note 2, correct?

sent from Galaxy Note 2

Im with you^ I checked and there are no updates and I still see the Navi arrow and all.Whatevs. I will just keep my eyes open for an update. I like it the way it is. For those have gotten something different. Do you still have the nice gray menue bars at the top and bottom of the maps app?

Later,
Brandon

cbroussard99

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Not only will you loose the blue Navigation arrow, but you will also loose the local icon too... I miss them both...

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
The blue navigation arrow is hidden now. I don't even know how I found it honestly. Pain in the ****! I uninstalled the update but next morning when I turned phone on it automatically updated again :(

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just did the map update before I saw this thread, not realizing it was going to change the whole set up.

Previously I had combined the "map" and blue "navigation" icon into one folder on the home screen. They are both still there. The update is not going to cause those to disappear. When I go into maps, the nav tab now appears in there on the lower right corner once you select a location and then can tap on the blue nav icon to start the route directions.

I like it and it seems to be more streamlined now. One thing I don't like or haven't found it; is the ability to select an address from a contract.

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781