Has anyone received the new updated version of Google Maps app on his/her Verizon Galaxy Note 2 yet?

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone received the new updated version of Google Maps app on his/her Verizon Galaxy Note 2 yet?

I've been using the new Google Maps on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet for about a week. (it received
the update the days after it was released) Frankly, I do NOT like the new version at all.

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have it. It takes some getting used to. I still haven't found out how to bring back the + and - buttons to zoom in and out. I have to use the two-finger pinch to zoom now. And the locator is now a dot.

Ryan_Clark

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I got the update yesterday and navigation is migrated into application. No more blue arrow! :) works great

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't received any notification for a Maps update on either my Note 2 or Note 10.1 (auto updates are turned off, so only get notifications). Both are still running 6.14.4.

From reading the feedback on the new 7 version though, I think I'll hold off on updating for a while.

Edit: I just got a notification on my Note 2 for Maps 7.02 released today July 17.

Last edited:

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
interesting.... I started this thread.... less than 24 hours later, my Google Maps finally received the v7.0 update! :) (after checking it almost daily for the last week and half)

I hated the new Google Maps on the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet.... made the fonts way too small to read.

However, on my Verizon Note 2, the new Google Maps is actually not bad at all. :)

Michigan66

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Best part about the update is that it is no longer a battery killer. Constant wake locks are gone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The new Map update is wretched! Simply horrible. Messed up the Google Navigation app and Local app. I uninstalled the Map update, and now everything is back to normal for me. Plus the Google Navigation became very unstable with the Maps update, and I kept getting that stupid error message that the app needs to close now due to whatever failure. Did the former (fired) Apple map engineer guy design this new Map update?!? If so, he should be fired again! Haha!