Gmail freezing

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Really getting sick of this. Anyone else having a problem with it? It doesn't do it all the time either. Any ideas. Yes I already uninstalled and reinstalled updates and cleared data, cache. Any help would be appreciated. BTW I'm rooted stock rom.

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I am having this issue as well. It seems to happen on occasion when I tap the notification and it opens the app with the email already opened. It just freezes there for ten or so seconds on a white screen and then closes to the homescreen. No clue how to fix it.

jsadler09

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
No problems here. Did restore your system or app data with something like titanium backup? Only time I ever had freezing problems was on clean rom after restoring data.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 rockin Beans 18 using Tapatalk 2

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
No problems here. Did restore your system or app data with something like titanium backup? Only time I ever had freezing problems was on clean rom after restoring data.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 rockin Beans 18 using Tapatalk 2

Not in my case - completely stock.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely a Gmail issue as I've been having this issue on an unrooted stock Note 2 for several weeks. Started happening after one of the Gmail updates. I just keep sending in feedback reports to the devs (6 or 8 times now) whenever it freezes and crashes. Hopefully someone is actually reading them and is working on a fix.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely a Gmail issue as I've been having this issue on an unrooted stock Note 2 for several weeks. Started happening after one of the Gmail updates. I just keep sending in feedback reports to the devs (6 or 8 times now) whenever it freezes and crashes. Hopefully someone is actually reading them and is working on a fix.

I agree. I just installed Aqua mail from the play store and it works perfect. Try it out. I still like Gmail, but I am not using it till they fix it. Click the link below to check it out.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=org.kman.AquaMail&hl=en&token=f-ut9ZeD

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been having that issue on my VZW GN2, very frustrating. I am/was working to get Verizon to swap it under warranty. I've wiped the phone and everything. I am still monitoring. Waiting for the GN3! Seems to be only Gmail that shows this issue.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Yup same here. I get alot of emails so I notice it. Funny thing is that it doesn't do it all the time. Definitely a Gmail problem.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
After saying "nope", it happened to me once yesterday. The frequency seems much diminished at least. First time I've noticed it in a while.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully, everyone is sending in a crash report every time it happens. If the developers get enough info from all the crash reports, it might get fixed sooner. It's hard to fix something without the input of users having the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay