If your Note 2 was completely submerged in water, should you file claim with Asurion even if it work

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
(edited)

if you Note 2 was completely submerged in water at the bottom of the pool and stopped working completely....

the phone was then placed inside a plastic bag with moisture absorbing crystals for about 3 days
when taken out of the bag, the phone worked perfectly...

should you still file claim with Asurion? or just keep on using it until it really dies?

Last edited:

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: if you Note 2 was completely submerged in water, should you file claim with Asurion even if it w

Id file a claim. Don't wait until its too late and you don't have a phone to use

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: if you Note 2 was completely submerged in water, should you file claim with Asurion even if it w

Id file a claim. Don't wait until its too late and you don't have a phone to use

I agree.

Posted via Android Central App

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Your going to pay a deductible and you'll have to send the phone to them, you decide how broke it has to be to pay for a replacement.

Posted via My Note 2

lvdukerider

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
My Note 2 fell in a deep puddle and was completly submerged at two week old. I dried it out and it suffered no ill effects other than the moisture detectors turning pink. Its still working fine almost a year later.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't. Just wait until it stops working. You can always file a claim later.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
well... claim denied. They said since my phone is working now, there's no basis for the claim.

That's ridiculous..people file claims for shattered screens even when the device still works. What's the saying? Shut up and take my money? First I've ever heard of them denying a claim like that, lol.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Droid DNA

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
That's ridiculous..people file claims for shattered screens even when the device still works. What's the saying? Shut up and take my money? First I've ever heard of them denying a claim like that, lol.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Droid DNA

Should have just left the water inside and called Asurion.
I probably shouldn't have told them that the phone is working
perfectly right now. Being too honest is one of my vices. :(
They did say that I can feel free to file another claim when
the phone stops working.

I have three Note 2 phones... so I'm not too worried right
now. (1 Verizon, 1 int'l, 1 T-Mobile)

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
(edited)

if you Note 2 was completely submerged in water at the bottom of the pool and stopped working completely....

the phone was then placed inside a plastic bag with moisture absorbing crystals for about 3 days
when taken out of the bag, the phone worked perfectly...

should you still file claim with Asurion? or just keep on using it until it really dies?
What crystals and where'd you get them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21