I use my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone with AT&T GoPhone prepaid SIM card(GSM). My phone is not rooted. All I had to do was to type in AT&T's APN. (just needed to enter Name: "ATT" and APN: "wap.cingular" and save the new APN profile. Data worked perfectly. I have the AT&T Gohpone Prepaid $60 unlimited voice/text with 2GB data plan.

Here's my question: The status bar says 3G when I'm home, but when I'm in the downtown area, it switches to H+.

I figured AT&T 3G means the same thing as it does on Verizon 3G.... but what is this H+ supposed to mean?
    07-30-2013 02:26 PM
    I use my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone with AT&T GoPhone prepaid SIM card(GSM). My phone is not rooted. All I had to do was to type in AT&T's APN. (just needed to enter Name: "ATT" and APN: "wap.cingular" and save the new APN profile. Data worked perfectly. I have the AT&T Gohpone Prepaid $60 unlimited voice/text with 2GB data plan.

Here's my question: The status bar says 3G when I'm home, but when I'm in the downtown area, it switches to H+.

I figured AT&T 3G means the same thing as it does on Verizon 3G.... but what is this H+ supposed to mean?
    H+ indicates HSPA+. Att considers it to be 4g, though it isn't as fast as 4GLTE

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    07-30-2013 02:37 PM
    H+ indicates HSPA+. Att considers it to be 4g, though it isn't as fast as 4GLTE

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    how much faster is HSPA+ supposed to be? (compared to regular 3g) I sure don't notice a big difference when using it on my Verizon Galaxy Note 2.

More importantly, I'm guessing that the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 won't be able to pick up AT&T's true 4G LTE signals. Or am I wrong? I can't test this because AT&T doesn't have 4G LTE in my town yet... will try it when I'm in NYC next week.
    07-30-2013 03:14 PM
    how much faster is HSPA+ supposed to be? (compared to regular 3g) I sure don't notice a big difference when using it on my Verizon Galaxy Note 2.
    I've seen plenty of impressive speed tests using HSPA+. Blows the doors off anything Sprint has on 3g and even some areas with Sprint LTE

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-30-2013 03:17 PM
    I've seen plenty of impressive speed tests using HSPA+.
    were these speed tests done on Verizon Galaxy Note 2 using AT&T GSM SIM cards?
    07-30-2013 03:28 PM
    When I used my phone in Austria and Czech using foreign SIMs, I experienced excellent data speeds on both 3G and H+ signals. Much faster than I see on 3G signals here in the States. Didn't run any speed tests, though.
    07-30-2013 04:42 PM
    When I used my phone in Austria and Czech using foreign SIMs, I experienced excellent data speeds on both 3G and H+ signals. Much faster than I see on 3G signals here in the States. Didn't run any speed tests, though.
    I will be in Prague at the end of September. Could you tell me where you bought the prepaid SIMs?

Thanks!
    07-30-2013 05:09 PM
    I will be in Prague at the end of September. Could you tell me where you bought the prepaid SIMs?

Thanks!
    There's a mall right next to the Anděl metro station where there are O2, T-Mobile and Vodaphone stores.
    07-30-2013 10:47 PM