When I first bought my phone, which was only two months ago, I loved the battery life on it. I would go to bed after having the phone on battery for 14 hours and be at 60%. As of the last week I noticed that it has dropped significantly. I some times can lose up to 10% in an hour. Sometimes when I am using the phone it can drop 2% in using it for 10 minutes. That didn't happen before either as I could use the phone and not drop a percentage point at all. I think it may be an app that I installed recently, but there have a been a few, so don't know which to remove. I was wondering what app helps track down apps that are killing your battery. I tried a couple of apps but primarily share stats on the battery life itself and not really letting me know if there is a specific app I should be looking at. Any help with this is much appreciated. BTW I am running stock 4.1.2.
    07-30-2013 02:44 PM
    Is there anything unusual showing under battery use (Menu, Settings, Battery) that may hint at what could be using a lot of battery? Any noticeable change in signal strength (poor signal can cause increased battery drain as the phone has to work harder to find and connect to it)?

Below are a few apps that can help troubleshoot what's going on with battery drain. I'd try CPU Spy first to gauge if the phone is going into deep sleep or not, then try one of the others to get more information on what may be the culprit:

CPU Spy:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...valosek.cpuspy

BetterBatteryStats:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erystats&hl=en

GSam Battery Monitor
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.gsamlabs.bbm

Or you could just try uninstalling a couple of the most recent apps or app updates. In the end, if you can't identify what is causing the drain, you may have to do a master (factory) reset to get things back to a known clean state (backup your data to the SD card first or preferably to a PC as well).
    fcjr77 likes this.
    07-30-2013 09:42 PM
    I use GSam Battery Monitor and Wakelock Detector. I'm not very tech-savvy, but between those two apps, I've been able to fix the occasional battery issue.
    fcjr77 likes this.
    07-31-2013 12:03 PM
    Go into Settings/Battery & stop "Media". Nothing else, just Media .... it it's something else I wouldn't know, but it has to do with your memory card. I have the same thing. I rotate 3 batteries & after I boot the phone up I have to go into Settings/Battery & STOP MEDIA! Works every time .... then my battery will last up to 6 days

Cheers, Jon

When I first bought my phone, which was only two months ago, I loved the battery life on it. I would go to bed after having the phone on battery for 14 hours and be at 60%. As of the last week I noticed that it has dropped significantly. I some times can lose up to 10% in an hour. Sometimes when I am using the phone it can drop 2% in using it for 10 minutes. That didn't happen before either as I could use the phone and not drop a percentage point at all. I think it may be an app that I installed recently, but there have a been a few, so don't know which to remove. I was wondering what app helps track down apps that are killing your battery. I tried a couple of apps but primarily share stats on the battery life itself and not really letting me know if there is a specific app I should be looking at. Any help with this is much appreciated. BTW I am running stock 4.1.2.
    fcjr77 likes this.
    07-31-2013 04:51 PM
    I appreciate everyone's suggestions. I am going to try them. One thing I did yesterday was I uninstalled a couple of apps that I had installed in the last week including Riptide GP2 which was being called out by Battery Stats Plus as a draining app. I also adjusted my alarm as I had it to check for my location before turning on. I have seen a bit of improvement but not back to the levels I was getting before of at least 35 to 40 hours up time. I will post any updates of what worked from the suggestions. Thanks again.
    08-01-2013 10:59 AM
    I don't see "Media" in the battery settings. Maybe I am missing something.

Go into Settings/Battery & stop "Media". Nothing else, just Media .... it it's something else I wouldn't know, but it has to do with your memory card. I have the same thing. I rotate 3 batteries & after I boot the phone up I have to go into Settings/Battery & STOP MEDIA! Works every time .... then my battery will last up to 6 days

Cheers, Jon
    08-01-2013 02:30 PM
    Look under application manager. Go to the running apps section. Anything in that section is eating your battery. You cannot close most of them as they are needed but something like media you can.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    fcjr77 likes this.
    08-01-2013 09:13 PM
    Mine has been using up more battery than normal lately as well

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-01-2013 09:47 PM
    If you don't see it there then your probably ok in that respect .... checking out more of your apps & how often some of them update helps a lot too

Cheers, Jon
    fcjr77 likes this.
    08-02-2013 08:03 AM
    I had nearly 1,200 Wake Locks by the Android system.
    I disabled Google location services, and it has decreased to around 300.
    It will have an effect on Google Now, but at least my battery is better for now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    08-02-2013 10:55 AM
    As it was mentioned above, the link for Wakelock Detector is here:
    play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector
    12-29-2013 11:41 PM