Does anyone use the Note 2 naked? (the phone, not the person)

As in no case, no screen protector, no bumper, no thing... just the phone itself.

If so, what kind of condition is it in right now?

Thanks!
    07-30-2013 06:36 PM
    Not no but hell no. Way too slick.
    noshooz likes this.
    07-30-2013 07:04 PM
    Mine was only without a case for the time it took for an Otterbox Commuter case to arrive from Amazon.
    07-30-2013 07:30 PM
    I just have a bottom shell and a screen protector. I'm trying to decide which I want more. An otterbox or a zero lemon 9300 battery

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk 2
    07-30-2013 08:03 PM
    I do on weekends. I have my own kickstand.

My wife is always yelling at me to get dressed. Hehe.
    07-30-2013 08:23 PM
    I always like my gadgets to have naked days. So right now I am using my note 2 with the flip case......which is technically no case at all.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    karsdroid likes this.
    07-30-2013 08:43 PM

As in no case, no screen protector, no bumper, no thing... just the phone itself.

Thanks!
    I use mine naked (no case or screen protector), done so since getting it Nov. 2012. I just really dislike how cases or screen protectors change the look and feel of the phone itself. I've never really had a problem with it being slippery; just made a slight adjustment in how I grip the phone to ensure it's secure in hand, no issues since. I do however use a Monaco vertical type leather pouch to protect it in transport as I'm just not comfortable putting it directly in a pocket; too much potential for something to come into contact with the screen and scratch it or of the phone itself falling out of the pocket. When not transporting it though, the phone usually sits on top of the pouch where it either sits on the desk/table next to me or I hold the whole thing in one hand (vertical or horizontal) while using the other with the S-Pen. It works quite well as the phone sticks to the leather making it very easy to manipulate with the one hand. Of course, during a phone call I don't use the pouch at all and just pick up the phone. To date, barring a small chip on the top edge (by the headphone jack) from when I dropped the phone getting in the car (my own fault, got careless), it still looks as pristine as day one.
    07-30-2013 09:33 PM
    I have had mine since February and I only have a screen protector which I think for any phone is mandatory. The screen is way too important to have a scratch or scuff show up. The case shows practically no wear at all and I use my phone daily throughout the day.
    07-31-2013 08:00 AM

Thanks!
    I use the samsung flipcase so it's virtually naked I hate screen protectors and refuse to use them. My screen is pristine!!
    07-31-2013 10:11 AM
    I hate cases period. I don't get why. I guess I can't assume everyone is responsible with their phones. How can you enjoy the thin sexiness of a phone if you're going to put it in a huge case? (I don't care how thin anyone thinks their case is either. A condom is still an ugly condom!)

I used my Galaxy Nexus for nearly 2 years without any case or screen protector. It's still in great shape. I thought I would need a screen protector due to the stylus but it feels so much better without.

Play naked!
    karsdroid likes this.
    07-31-2013 10:58 AM
    I have been using mine as it came out of the box since I got it in December. Not a scratch, ding, chip, or dent anywhere. Like a previous poster, I use a slip in belt case instead of just throwing it in my pocket. I occasionally use a micro-fiber cloth to clean the entire exterior of the phone, as t gets a build up of fingerprints. This phone is just way too pretty to hide behind all those protective devices.
    karsdroid likes this.
    07-31-2013 11:52 AM
    For the first several months, I used an Otterbox Defender, because I'm paranoid, but whenever I would take it out of the case, I realized how much the case inhibited the experience (especially the protrusion of the borders). I now use the rear shell with kickstand case from Verizon. It doesn't provide much protection at all, but the texture and minimal bulk of the case makes it easier and more comfortable to grip, and the kickstand comes in handy more often than I expected.

I find the naked phone a bit slippery for someone as clumsy as myself, but I don't blame anyone that uses it that way.
    FSU30 likes this.
    07-31-2013 11:53 AM
    Had mine since release day, been using it naked ever since. No scratches, dents or anything of that sort.
    karsdroid likes this.
    08-01-2013 07:43 PM
    I have jad an otterbox defender since day one.. sometimes ill play w the phone at home for just a bit outside the case but I dont leave home that way.
    I am a police officer and have to use the phone w sweaty hands and in un ideal conditions so I insist on a protective covering.. for me theres just too big a chance something could happen w out one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-07-2013 02:04 AM
    I have had mine for a couple of months and I use the Zagg invisible shield protector and the flip case. I don't like the big bulky case as I like to keep the slim profile of my phones. And the flip case does technically protect the screen which is really important.
    08-07-2013 02:40 PM
    Yes, I have used it with flip case and with larger rubberized case for larger battery but I prefer naked. If I have the flip case on its just one more step, in folding back the cover, when I have to answer the phone or text. Also, it is awkward to put down on a table and view the phone if you fold back the cover. The flip case also does not accommodate larger batteries. The larger rubberized case affords a degree of protection I guess but it makes removing the phone from your pocket a slow and plodding effort. So I keep it naked but do give it a certain amount of attention especially when bending down. As to the other aspect I have used it naked but I don't see the point, I don't "sext". In fact I am naked now.
    08-10-2013 11:00 AM

Thanks!
    No, Almost never! One Drop is all it takes! $200.00 with contract,... $700.00 without and even the insurance has like a $50-100.00 deductible but resetting up a new one is a pain. I have a Mercury Slim Fit TPU case. It goes off and on easliy and is very minimal in adding bulk but makes the fon MUCH easier to grip! I have a Spigen Screen saver. A little more costly, but with careful prep it went on easy with no bubbles and still clear as glass. it is just barely more 'sticky' than a bare screen but much better than most. I like it much better than Armor suit, or the 'el-cheapos that scratch up easily. I hate bubbles on my screen not coming from a screensaver!

Personally, I broke a screen once on my HTC Evo 4G Lte and thought i would never put that cheap case on again. It remains in a Balistic case fully protected with a kickstand.

On my Note 2, I usually use a Fosman Case (also a TPU case but slightly more bulky) if I want to pocket the fon, and a Seidio Active case for everyday wear which has a kickstand and a holster option. The Seidio has the best grip for one handed use but is relatively slim considering the protection it adds. It does take a little getting use to because of the size of the fone in addition to adding a case, but now, I hate trying to hold on to it without a case. Just my 2 cents!

If this helps, please thank and like! Jay
    08-13-2013 03:15 PM
    Never, ever, ever, ever. Never.

Sent via Note II
    08-13-2013 04:45 PM
    I've been using mine without a case for about a week. Just ordered one from amazon. I usually don't ever drop my phones but I have a feeling I may drop this one once or twice.

Talked from my Note 2
    08-14-2013 08:40 AM
    I used an OtterBox case for mine... Then I went to Zagg... Then I decided to just use an OEM case.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
    08-14-2013 03:04 PM