Note 3 to be released in September... will the price of Note 2 drop like a rock pretty soon? :(

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Note 3 to be released in September... (add on another month or two for the Verizon version)
will the price of Note 2 drop like a rock pretty soon? :(

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Note 3 to be released in September... (add on another month or two for the Verizon version)
will the price of Note 2 drop like a rock pretty soon? :(

Doubt it. I work at a carrier store and phones values hold on until the new version is actually out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon Note II was $50 on contract after gc back in February. I don't anticipate that it would drop below that price, and even if it did, $50 drop is not really a huge drop, imo.

I always try to wait for the best deals on phones myself.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but it's 299 right now....

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

As is the case with deals, you have to get on them when active, if money is your primary concern, be patient but be quick when a promo comes up.

As for current deals, , amazon has it for $100 for new accounts, higher for upgrades or add a line

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

MeridianSun

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for the note 3 anyway. Plus I'm going through Verizon and using the loop hole trick to keep unlimited.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have the s4 now and I can't wait for the note 3. I thought the note 2 could have been so much better. If it comes out with a much much better screen resolution. Octa core processor for all versions. I'll be a happy camper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have the s4 now and I can't wait for the note 3. I thought the note 2 could have been so much better. If it comes out with a much much better screen resolution. Octa core processor for all versions. I'll be a happy camper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Why do you need an octacore phone? Just because it sounds cool? I would like to know what about the note 2 you don't like (other than screen resolution which is great). I have had the note 2 since February and love everything about it. It never lags and is such a perfect size. (That's what she said) I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just wondering why anybody would not like this phone or would need to have more when this is such a great phone. I guess people need the latest and greatest.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Why do you need an octacore phone? Just because it sounds cool? I would like to know what about the note 2 you don't like (other than screen resolution which is great). I have had the note 2 since February and love everything about it. It never lags and is such a perfect size. (That's what she said) I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just wondering why anybody would not like this phone or would need to have more when this is such a great phone. I guess people need the latest and greatest.

+1
The Note 2 is the best Samsung device I have used to date.

Sent from my Google Play Edition HTC ONE.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

Well the resolution isn't as great as it is on the s3 or s4 for one. I do everything on my phone. From tethering to watching movies and creating and editing documents, work e-mails etc..Don't get me wrong I love the note 2. I still recommend people to buy it. I also manage a best buy mobile and I feel like I can give my customers the greatest experience by getting to know each phone in and out that's why I always have "the latest and greatest". There will never be a perfect device, there's always something to improve. I did notice lag but I'm a heavy user. Obviously all of us are entitled to our own opinion and preferences. It wouldn't be the same if I asked you why you got the note 2 instead of the note 1. Or getting the s3 over the s4.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Well the resolution isn't as great as it is on the s3 or s4 for one. I do everything on my phone. From tethering to watching movies and creating and editing documents, work e-mails etc..Don't get me wrong I love the note 2. I still recommend people to buy it. I also manage a best buy mobile and I feel like I can give my customers the greatest experience by getting to know each phone in and out that's why I always have "the latest and greatest". There will never be a perfect device, there's always something to improve. I did notice lag but I'm a heavy user. Obviously all of us are entitled to our own opinion and preferences. It wouldn't be the same if I asked you why you got the note 2 instead of the note 1. Or getting the s3 over the s4.

I can understand if it is your job to know about every spec about every phone. But what I am trying to say is that the note 2 being over a year old that it's still holdin up to what is coming out now and as for the resolution not being "as good" how much better would you like it to be. Its a 720p screen. Plus the size of the screen is bigger. Isn't it the smaller the screen the better it looks?

Last edited:

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I can understand if it is your job to know about every spec about every phone. But what I am trying to say is that the note 2 being over a year old that it's still holdin up to what is coming out now and as for the resolution not being "as good" how much better would you like it to be. Its a 720p screen. Plus the size of the screen is bigger. Isn't it the smaller the screen the better it looks?

Not really, take a loot at the LG optimus G pro. The screen is superb! Not saying it doesn't hold up. The phone performs really well.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Not really, take a loot at the LG optimus G pro. The screen is superb! Not saying it doesn't hold up. The phone performs really well.

Yeah that's true. I know other phones have more ppi but doest it really matter lol

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps not, but once you go full 1080 and a high amount of PPI you can't go back :)

I'm in the process of buying the S4. When I hold the S4 and my Note 2 side by side, I think my Note 2's screen looks a lot better. Or have my eye gotten more accustomed to a much larger screen?. :(

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the process of buying the S4. When I hold the S4 and my Note 2 side by side, I think my Note 2's screen looks a lot better. Or have my eye gotten more accustomed to a much larger screen?. :(

Yeah I believe so, the note 2s screen is good don't get me wrong. But I just think it is as crisp as the s4. Or the LG optimus G pro. Its like comparing the a non retina display iPad like the iPad 2 and the iPad 4. The difference is there but it may not be such to the naked eye.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I believe so, the note 2s screen is good don't get me wrong. But I just think it is as crisp as the s4. Or the LG optimus G pro. Its like comparing the a non retina display iPad like the iPad 2 and the iPad 4. The difference is there but it may not be such to the naked eye.

I went to Best Buy the other day and saw the Samsung experience thingy and was looking at the S4. The screen popped out and was very noticeable yet I think the brightness was up 100%. So it looked more crisp but who has their phone at 100% brightness? That would kill the battery. Does anybody know what the ppi of the note 2 vs the S4?

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll be upgrading. However, I think the Note 3 will last /suit my needs for at least two years.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae