I took out the battery cover of my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 because I was putting in the T-Mobile SIM card.

When I was picking up the battery from the table, I noticed that it was spinning around on its own. (this is a glass table) There seems to be bulge at the bottom. I googled this and the results seem to conclude that the battery went kaput.(or is about to)

I've tried calling Verizon tech support twice this afternoon, but gave up after 15 minutes of waiting. Guess there are a lot of customers with more serious troubles. I figured I'll just try calling again tomorrow.

The batter is the original one that came with the Note 2. It was purchased in January(?). What are the chances that Verizon will replace the battery for me?

Thanks!
    08-07-2013 03:44 PM
    Usually batteries are non replaced due to normal wear and use but in this case you have a decent argument for manufacturing defect. I would take it to a Verizon store and see if they'll swap one out for you.

Tapatalk4
    BLAQK ROXSTAR likes this.
    08-07-2013 03:48 PM
    If you aren't successful in reaching Verizon you may want to look into contacting Samsung directly in regards to this.
    08-07-2013 03:50 PM
    Usually batteries are non replaced due to normal wear and use but in this case you have a decent argument for manufacturing defect. I would take it to a Verizon store and see if they'll swap one out for you.

Tapatalk4
    before I head over to the Verizon corporate store, is any chance that the bulge in the battery could have been caused by something that I did? The battery was never subjected to liquids or drops. I do have a bad habit of leaving the charger connected even after the battery reaches 100%. (for example, plugging it in when I get home at 7pm and not disconnecting it until I leave the house around 8am the next morning)
    08-07-2013 04:11 PM
    before I head over to the Verizon corporate store, is any chance that the bulge in the battery could have been caused by something that I did? The battery was never subjected to liquids or drops. I do have a bad habit of leaving the charger connected even after the battery reaches 100%. (for example, plugging it in when I get home at 7pm and not disconnecting it until I leave the house around 8am the next morning)
    Unless there is a malfunction in the charger or phone itself, keeping it plugged in shouldn't harm the battery. The are fail safe built in now that pretty effectively prevent "overcharging."

Also the suggestion to go through Samsung support would be a good second option too. I recently sent my Note2 in for a screen replacement and they handled it (for a fee as I had dropped it) well.

Tapatalk4
    08-07-2013 04:14 PM
    Unless there is a malfunction in the charger or phone itself, keeping it plugged in shouldn't harm the battery. The are fail safe built in now that pretty effectively prevent "overcharging."

Also the suggestion to go through Samsung support would be a good second option too. I recently sent my Note2 in for a screen replacement and they handled it (for a fee as I had dropped it) well.

Tapatalk4
    Went to a VZW corporate store this morning.... the guy took one look and said it would be replaced on the spot. The store did not stock any batteries. However, they took one from a brand new Galaxy Note 2 and gave it to me. I thought that was very nice of them, considering that I bought the phone from Best Buy.
    08-08-2013 11:22 AM