Lately I'm noticing that as I use the native browser or the native email app, the screen dims to about 50% brightness. When I exit either app, the screen comes back to full brightness just before the app closes. Any clues as to what might be causing this?
    08-07-2013 04:25 PM
    Lately I'm noticing that as I use the native browser or the native email app, the screen dims to about 50% brightness. When I exit either app, the screen comes back to full brightness just before the app closes. Any clues as to what might be causing this?
    The browser has different brightness settings than the rest of the phone. Don't know about the screen going to full brightness when closing the apps though. It may be some sort of bug with the firmware. If it annoys you a lot, you can try a factory reset and see if it works. That is a last-resort though.
    08-07-2013 05:44 PM
    Check power save mode. That was my problem.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-07-2013 08:03 PM
    The browser has different brightness settings than the rest of the phone. Don't know about the screen going to full brightness when closing the apps though. It may be some sort of bug with the firmware. If it annoys you a lot, you can try a factory reset and see if it works. That is a last-resort though.
    I checked the browser's brightness setting and it is at 100%. Changing to Automatic Brightness results in an even darker screen. The email app has a settings screen for particular accounts. When that screen appears, it comes in at full brightness. Backing out of that, back to the email app, the screen darkens again until I exit, then at the last fraction of a second, brightens back up.
    08-08-2013 06:10 AM
    Thanks for the info on the power saver causing the email and browser screens to go dim. That was my problem also.
    12-19-2013 10:16 PM