I see at least two types of cases that have built in kickstands.
    The Seido cases, for example.

One reviewer, here on Android Central, mentioned that the kickstand was a bit flimsy and could break.

Are there other, more solid options?

I bought this phone so that I could use it as my phone AND on-the-go computer ... no tablet needed. (that's the plan, anyway)

The next project would be to find a solid, small bluetooth keyboard.
    08-12-2013 09:09 AM
    Well I have a Fosman TPU hybrid kickstand case from amazon.com. The case doesn't make the phone bulky or heavier. The kickstand is pretty sturdy to be plastic lol. I have had it now for 3 months with no issues. And best of all it was only 6.99

Hope this helps. Good luck.

SENT FROM MY AMAZING NOTE 2!
    JayDroid78 likes this.
    08-12-2013 10:15 AM
    I have a case with kickstand coming in the mail. Should be here this week. I'll let you know how it is.

Talked from my Note 2
    08-13-2013 06:55 AM
    I'll back behind the Seidio case. Love mine
    JayDroid78 likes this.
    08-13-2013 11:35 AM
    well i have the Fosman and the Seidio. The Fosman slips in and out of my pocket just a tad easier than the Seidio, however, it is less griipy and easier to slip out of your hands. That really hasn't been an issue though as it is still a world better than not having a case.

The Fosman,as you open the kickstand, was begining to scratch the back cover as there is nothing between the back end of the hinge and the cover. Some could care less about the cover, but I do. I used a small peice of clear gift wrap scotch tape on the back behind the hinge and that seems to be working. I do think if I dropped my fon just right however, it would still likely break the screen if it landed on an edge or face.

The Seidio does add just a little bulk but not much. I feel it is a far superior case to the Fosman in terms of protection from drops or slipping out of my hand ( which has happened a few times now). I have had a couple of Balistic cases I used on my Evo 4G, and Evo 4G LTE (yup they're different ) as well as 2 or 3 Seidio cases. The one day I was using a cheap case, was the one day I dropped my precious on the ground from about 3 feet and shattered my screen. Because of this one time, I almost never use the cheap cases and stick to the Seidio or Balistic cases. They are easier to hold in my hands one-handed while texting without worry of it slipping, and I have the belt clips for these as well so it makes these more useful for more situations or attire.

As for the kickstand, I use it often and have had no issues with it. I prefer Seidio's kickstand over the Fosman or the Balistic case. It's just my opinion tho. It does have a flimsy feel when opening or closing it, but I believe this is mainly due to a week spring (needed for the magnet to hold it closed) and a loose hinge pin. I wouldn't pull hard on it to test it's limits, but it has survived a few crashes so far and I'm happy with it. I have had it since December 2012 and it is my favorite. Grippier than the Fosman, Less bulky than the Balistic.

Hope this helps! If it does please hit the like button. Thanks, Jay
    08-13-2013 02:37 PM
    I have the Seidio Active with kickstand and the kickstand is not flimsy at all. Actually, it's quite nice and a huge step up over the kickstands in older Seidio cases. I do wish that it also worked in portrait mode though.

My only complaint about the Seidio case is that someone at Seidio didn't think very hard about how the cases interact with their holsters. If you use the holster too, the holster clip and the top of the rubber insert don't get along. They should have made the outer shell in a way that it would cover the top and help the holster clip slide over. Otherwise, I think it's a great case and it protects the device well.
    08-13-2013 10:04 PM
    I have the otter box, the belt clip doubles as a kick stand.
    08-14-2013 05:59 AM
    well i have the Fosman and the Seidio. The Fosman slips in and out of my pocket just a tad easier than the Seidio, however, it is less griipy and easier to slip out of your hands. That really hasn't been an issue though as it is still a world better than not having a case.

The Fosman,as you open the kickstand, was begining to scratch the back cover as there is nothing between the back end of the hinge and the cover. Some could care less about the cover, but I do. I used a small peice of clear gift wrap scotch tape on the back behind the hinge and that seems to be working. I do think if I dropped my fon just right however, it would still likely break the screen if it landed on an edge or face.

The Seidio does add just a little bulk but not much. I feel it is a far superior case to the Fosman in terms of protection from drops or slipping out of my hand ( which has happened a few times now). I have had a couple of Balistic cases I used on my Evo 4G, and Evo 4G LTE (yup they're different ) as well as 2 or 3 Seidio cases. The one day I was using a cheap case, was the one day I dropped my precious on the ground from about 3 feet and shattered my screen. Because of this one time, I almost never use the cheap cases and stick to the Seidio or Balistic cases. They are easier to hold in my hands one-handed while texting without worry of it slipping, and I have the belt clips for these as well so it makes these more useful for more situations or attire.

As for the kickstand, I use it often and have had no issues with it. I prefer Seidio's kickstand over the Fosman or the Balistic case. It's just my opinion tho. It does have a flimsy feel when opening or closing it, but I believe this is mainly due to a week spring (needed for the magnet to hold it closed) and a loose hinge pin. I wouldn't pull hard on it to test it's limits, but it has survived a few crashes so far and I'm happy with it. I have had it since December 2012 and it is my favorite. Grippier than the Fosman, Less bulky than the Balistic.

Hope this helps! If it does please hit the like button. Thanks, Jay
    Lol sounds like u are kinda rough on ur phone. I'm can agree with u that the Fosman case does slide in the pocket easily but the other issues I can't agree with. First with the kickstand leaving scratches....... There is no scratches on my back cover from it.

Second I have no issues with the grip on the case. I thought that the back would be slippery when I first looked at it but that's not the case.

I really like how the case is a little raised around the sides so if turned over the screen isn't touching the surface.

This case serves it's purpose. All 3 of my other Co-workers who have a note 2 bought the same case cus they saw mine lol.

Plus I'm not too rough on my phones so I don't need a bulky heavy case. But like they say to each his own lol

SENT FROM MY AMAZING NOTE 2!
    JayDroid78 likes this.
    08-14-2013 12:58 PM
    I have the siedeo Active and love it!!!!!!! It has saved the phone from glass side down falls from my hip, and out of the truck. Also don't forget the falls right on the corners. Never a lick of damage to the phone itself. As for the kickstand it isn't the greatest but I use it a few times a week and never have had a problem with it. I don't have any issues with the stylus and the magnet either. I also have the belt clip with it. I do need a new clip because I left it on with the phone out of it and as I got up from my office chair it caught the arm and snapped the belt clip. Other than that no complaints. Anybody who complains about the case being difficult to use because the rubber moves when you go to clip into the holster is just lazy. Not to **** anyone off but all you have to do is put your finger on the rubber where the clip is and press. I have had this case for my old thunderbolt and it was the same way. isn't a big thing at all. Hope my ramblings helped.

Brandon
    JayDroid78 likes this.
    08-15-2013 11:40 AM
    I use the flygrip. You can add it to any case

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    08-16-2013 11:12 PM