Will you upgrade to Note 3 if the only different is a slightly larger screen with 1080p resolution?

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Will you upgrade to Note 3 if the only different is a slightly larger screen with 1080p resolution?

Or will you keep the current Note 2?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Heck yeah, its been almost a year and as much as i enjoy this phone and thought I could hang on to it longer, I find i'm doing more grazing of whats new coming out and looking forward to a new toy!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 is gonna be awesome. If it really has 3GB of RAM and 1080p res and octacores and micro sd card support and removable battery and stuff... Oh! ...oh...oh ...oh my, I think I may have just had a...a...a...phone-gasm. Yeah...with all that I may just have do some selling of current gadget-thinngys to make room for it. I mean, what else is gonna be that awesome?

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
So far I haven't read any rumors of the Note 3 specs that makes me feel I need an upgrade.
I don't have to have the newest gadget, all I need is what suits me.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
So far I haven't read any rumors of the Note 3 specs that makes me feel I need an upgrade.
I don't have to have the newest gadget, all I need is what suits me.

There's one in every crowd. 20 lashes with a wet noodle for you. It's gonna be ginormous awesome and you wanna be...what....sensible?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
There's one in every crowd. 20 lashes with a wet noodle for you. It's gonna be ginormous awesome and you wanna be...what....sensible?

I paid full price for my Droid X and my Note 2, I have no qualms about frivolous spending when I want something.
Those two devices both offered something over my previous devices, the Droid 2 and Galaxy Nexus, but the Note 3 doesn't have that "gotta have it" factor in my opinion.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Fair enough but we haven't seen it yet, we've just heard rumors. I want it to be awesome, but I'm happy with my S4 and Note 8.0 combo...but 3GB of RAM and a nice 1080 screen. That sounds kinda tasty to me.

rawdeadfish

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
what i want to know is if someone like me, who carries around last year's gs3 and last year's nexus7, will love the note3 so much that i can dump both.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I understand.
For me though, I don't run out of RAM now, and at this size I don't think the human eye will even notice 1080P. I have a coworker with the DNA and a friend with the S4, I don't think their screens look any better than mine.
And even though we didn't mention the processor, I run sar on my Note 2 and I have yet to see the 4 cores maxed out, so more processor, in my opinion is overkill.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note 2 is a GREAT phone though. It really is. The size is great and I loved that I could run some tablet-only apps (like Monopoly) on it as well as phone apps. My unrooted At&t S4 and Note 8 will both tell me sometimes that I'm at 90% ram useage and then I just run Cleanmaster and that is that. I only sold my Note 2 because it got a scratch on the screen's coating and the honeymoon was, therefore, over. It's all fun and games until a gadget gets a blemish. Anywho, even if the Note 3 is lustworthy I'm gonna hold off until I'm bored with my present dynamic duo...or one of them betrays me and gets a...blemish.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Just got my note 2 so I'm not going to upgrade. I always disappoint myself when I get a new android phone. I always think it is going to be some revolutionary thing... And in the end I'm using the same OS and the same apps in the same way I did before. And yet I STILL get the itch.

Noted via tapatalk

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
what i want to know is if someone like me, who carries around last year's gs3 and last year's nexus7, will love the note3 so much that i can dump both.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

I also have a transformer prime and found i stopped using it and instead was always on my phone. i admit to a tech addiction though and the note 8 is fabulous. i find i use it most of the three! my mom has the note 2 and was in a rehab after a surgery and used her note 2 exclusively as her only internet, email source for two months and now finds she doesn't use her desktop now that she is home.

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I also have a transformer prime and found i stopped using it and instead was always on my phone. i admit to a tech addiction though and the note 8 is fabulous. i find i use it most of the three! my mom has the note 2 and was in a rehab after a surgery and used her note 2 exclusively as her only internet, email source for two months and now finds she doesn't use her desktop now that she is home.

what is a transformer prime?

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably upgrade, but not because of a 1080p screen. I can't tell the difference there.

I could def tell the difference switching from my gs3/HTC one x/nexus 4 phones to this HTC One. So much nicer for text and hd content. I look at my old 720p phones and they look muddy or slightly blurry/fuzzing. I think your eyes get use to the change over time while using the device but even when I first saw this phones display it looked way better then my previous phones. Note 3 sounds awesome btw. B-)

Sent from my HTC One

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
It'll be more than just a larger 1080p screen: :D

From Galaxy Note 3 reportedly packing 5.68-inch Full HD SuperAMOLED screen | Android Central

- Display: 5.68-inch Full HD SuperAMOLED
- Chipset: Exynos 5 Octa 5420 CPU at 1.8GHz with Mali-T628 MP6 GPU (3G version only, chipset for 4G version unknown)
- RAM: 3GB (4G version)
- Camera: 13-megapixel with Optical Image Stabilization
- Storage: 16/32/64GB + microSD
- Battery: 3,200mAh

Also probably have a new version of Touch Wiz with some cool new features!

I'm very interested, but am still withholding judgement. I need to see the final product as to what it's going to look like and get a feel for how it operates. In the meantime, I'm still VERY happy with my Note 2, so no hurry. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar