if you rooted the Note 2, can you still return it to Verizon within the 14-day return period?

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
if you rooted the Note 2, can you still return it to Verizon within the 14-day return period?

my co-worker bought one from a Verizon corporate store... that same evening, she rooted it after reading threads in AndroidCentral forums...

that was 3 days ago and she still loves the phone... but wants to get the white one instead.... :(

Is it too late now? If she un-root the phone now, can Verizon tell the difference?

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

my co-worker bought one from a Verizon corporate store... that same evening, she rooted it after reading threads in AndroidCentral forums...

that was 3 days ago and she still loves the phone... but wants to get the white one instead.... :(

Is it too late now? If she un-root the phone now, can Verizon tell the difference?

Chances are they would not notice. Any time I have returned a phone they look at the physical condition, turn it off and on, etc. I don't think if you un-root the phone and reset it that they would notice.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
She should be fine as long as super user is gone and it's back to stock. 9 out of 10 wireless employees don't even know what a bootloader is let alone how to check it.

Sent from my Google Play Edition HTC ONE.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Chances are they would not notice. Any time I have returned a phone they look at the physical condition, turn it off and on, etc. I don't think if you un-root the phone and reset it that they would notice.

I had a problem with my GNex. They turned it off and back on and saw that it was unlocked so they wouldn't fix it. I went to a different VZ store 2 weeks later with it relocked and got it fixed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair