I downloaded my phone's pics to my computer, but only the pics that I had organized into named files showed up. Those pics still grouped under "camera" didn't download. After that failure, I organized all the pics into files, then connected the phone by USB again and asked it to download pics. But it showed a message on my computer that there were no new pictures. 1) How can I make it download the pictures even when they've been downloaded before and 2) is there any way around the issue of it only downloading pics that have been organized into files?
    08-16-2013 11:28 PM
    I downloaded my phone's pics to my computer, but only the pics that I had organized into named files showed up. Those pics still grouped under "camera" didn't download. After that failure, I organized all the pics into files, then connected the phone by USB again and asked it to download pics. But it showed a message on my computer that there were no new pictures. 1) How can I make it download the pictures even when they've been downloaded before and 2) is there any way around the issue of it only downloading pics that have been organized into files?
    It sounds like you are using a program to download the photos from the phone to computer? Possibly Kies?

Have you tried to mount the device simply as a drive? You'll need the drivers from Samsung installed on the computer and connect the phone. Enable mass storage from the device and you'll be able to see the phone as a drive. Navigate to the photos from your PC and you'll be able to copy over all the photos you need, including the ones already transfered.
    08-17-2013 12:46 AM
    In addition to the above post, you can also transfer to your PC over wifi if you setup shares on your PC and use ES file explorer or airdroid on your phone.
    08-17-2013 07:55 AM
    I did install the drivers from Samsung, but I don't know how to 'enable mass storage from the device'.

Incidentally while I was trying to download my s-notes to my computer, my computer required a program that could open them. In creating a program, I ended up with Delta virus on my computer and NOTHING I've tried -- from uninstalling every program that was installed that day to restoring the computer to the day before -- will get rid of the blasted thing. Arrrrgh!
    08-17-2013 10:12 AM
    I don't know how to setup shares on the PC, nor what airdroid is........
    08-17-2013 10:13 AM
    Enable file and printer sharing

Airdroid is an app, it's in the play store.

If you restored your PC from the day before and the virus is still present, it's possible that you contracted the virus prior to the app you installed.

Try restoring from farther back, like last week.
    08-17-2013 10:20 AM
    Hey! Kids! I downloaded a free APP of the Day from Amazon called "Photo Transfer App" from ERCLab. I am here to testify that the things does what its name says. You download the app for your phone, then you go their website and download an app for your PC and install it. As long as you are connected to the same network at the same time you magically transfer whatever photos you have selected from your phone and voila!they appear on your PC. I think they may have a Mac equivalent, but who cares? Now, the app sells for $1.99. Your call.
    08-17-2013 02:59 PM
    I can transfer any file I want to with ES file explorer and it doesn't need an app on my PC.
    08-17-2013 03:04 PM