Now that Android 4.4 Kit Kat is about to be released, will this make Note 2 three versions behind?

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
lol Those who don't think the Note 2 will get Kitkat are ridiculous, of course it will. It will probably get it around February to March 2014. Of course by then, there'll be a newer version of Kitkat out, but it will get Kitkat.

Why would you think that the note 2 will get 4.4 then? The Note 3 doesn't even have kit kat update coming yet.. Or am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I like the spen. I want the Note 8.0 too ! •

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
I have the Note 8 and even though it's only 4.2.2, it does everything I need it to do. I got it because I liked the S-pen features of the Note 2 and my old ASUS Slider was severely outdated (ICS). I also have a Nexus 7 with 4.4.2 (KitKat) and for what I do with my devices I honestly don't see the advantages to the latest and greatest upgrades. My biggest complaint is the 3 devices all work a little differently (e-mail one example). I would love to have them all on the same platform just to be able to know where to click to do what, but other than that, they are all doing just fine with the Android version that they have.If my Note 2 never gets KitKat I don't think I will miss whatever it is supposed to offer, some more serious users may want the improvements, whatever they are supposed to be, personally I don't think I will miss them or need them.

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Why would you think that the note 2 will get 4.4 then? The Note 3 doesn't even have kit kat update coming yet.. Or am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Because, not only is it still in the update cycle of the promised 18 months Samsung would still provide updates, they can't use the excuse that it won't work on older hardware when it supports devices with only 512mb of memory. It will definitely get Kitkat.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Because, not only is it still in the update cycle of the promised 18 months Samsung would still provide updates, they can't use the excuse that it won't work on older hardware when it supports devices with only 512mb of memory. It will definitely get Kitkat.

what's this "promised 18 months Samsung would still provide updates" that you're speaking of?

I have never heard that before, at least not on Verizon Samsung phones. :)

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
You're such negative people. lol Seriously! Samsung officially announced we'll get Kitkat and you find ways to dispute that right out of the ballpark. Have it your way. If international gets it, of course we will too....it takes longer, though. As far as the phone running good, it should run even better yet since they've signed on with google to get rid of a lot of useless bloat.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
You're such negative people. lol Seriously! Samsung officially announced we'll get Kitkat and you find ways to dispute that right out of the ballpark. Have it your way. If international gets it, of course we will too....it takes longer, though. As far as the phone running good, it should run even better yet since they've signed on with google to get rid of a lot of useless bloat.

Like I stated, I will be happy if my phone still runs beautiful.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Two days ago www.sammobile.com reported verbatim, "Today, Samsung USA has decided to make things official and has announced which of its phones and tablets will be getting the KitKat update". On the list was the Galaxy Note 2 & 3.

See:
Samsung USA confirms Android 4.4 KitKat update for multiple devices, rollout begins today | SamMobile

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Two days ago www.sammobile.com reported verbatim, "Today, Samsung USA has decided to make things official and has announced which of its phones and tablets will be getting the KitKat update". On the list was the Galaxy Note 2 & 3.

See:
Samsung USA confirms Android 4.4 KitKat update for multiple devices, rollout begins today | SamMobile

I'm not disputing with you on whether the note 2 will get it, I'm just saying I want it to work as it is now. I have not did a factory reset and it is running like a champ. Running 4.3 btw.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I would speculate the reason many of us are skeptical is due to knowing VZW and how they operate. I think part of the problem for VZW not updating their phones quickly is network compatibility issues and cramming all the bloat and lock downs into the original rom delivered by OEM. Many of us have seen devices left hanging waiting for updates for months or never being updated( The Thunderbolt being one that was left waiting for updates for ever, and the updates that came were mostly garbage and ruined lots of phones.)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci