Under Settings, Google Account, everything is syncing except Calendar, there is a note stating it is currently down or something like this, can anyone tell me if I should wait this out our perhaps I have a problem within my phone??? Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    09-18-2013 01:15 AM
    If all of your calendar events are linked to Google, try going to Settings/Apps/All, select Calendar or Calendar Storage, and either Clear Cache first--if that doesn't help, then Clear Data. Clearing Data will wipe all of your Calendar events from your phone, but as long as they're from your Google Account, they should repopulate when you sync again. Keep in mind that if you have saved any events in the Phone Account, then you'll lose those events with a Clear Data, unless you backed those events up separately using some other syncing program (they don't sync to Google).

I've found that even though a Sync Error appears, all of my data has actually synced, so you might want to compare the events on your phone with what's on your desktop Google Calendar--if they're synced, then don't worry about it.
    09-18-2013 01:40 AM
    I have the same problem with my note 2. I found the easiest way to fix this is go to play store and download Google calendar. seems to instantly fix the synchronization problem. Just set the Google Calendar for no notifications. The synchronization process has been working great for months now. Absolutely no extra battery usage that I could detect.

Posted via Android Central App
    Suzi Smith likes this.
    09-18-2013 05:47 AM
    Thanks - downloading the google calendar app solved the problem. And I can still use my other calendar app
    10-12-2013 05:58 AM
    "but as long as they're from your Google Account, they should repopulate when you sync again. Keep in mind that if you have saved any events in the Phone Account, then you'll lose those events with a Clear Data, unless you backed those events up separately "

I simply want my google calendar on my PC to sync with my Android 4.4 calendar. I dont want to wipe out my data on the android calendar to do so. help.
    03-14-2014 11:28 AM