VZW Note 2 - 4.3 coming in nov or dec. now in testing phase

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: 4.3 coming in nov or dec. now in testing phase

Do we have to do anything to protect from an automatic OTA update? I would hate to wake up one morning to a locked bootloader.

Rooted but stock on mine.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Just because it will be rolling out to the note 2 November/December doesn't mean it will hit our vzw notes before February, if we are lucky.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Just because it will be rolling out to the note 2 November/December doesn't mean it will hit our vzw notes before February, if we are lucky.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Doesnt mean it wont either

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Do we have to do anything to protect from an automatic OTA update? I would hate to wake up one morning to a locked bootloader.

Rooted but stock on mine.

See this thread for reference: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...oting-roms-hacks/246010-stop-ota-updates.html

I used ES File Explorer and just renamed the following two files under /system/app (then rebooted phone, haven't seen an OTA update notice since):

FWupgrade.apk to FWupgrade.bak
SDM.apk to SDM.bak

Note: you may wish to make a copy of each file to your SD card before renaming them just for backup/safety purposes. :)

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

and before someone comes in and says thats not the verizon version, i know. but its only a matter