10-22-2013 05:22 PM
68 123
tools
    Why don't I take your argument a step further, then? My mom hates smartphones. She'd be happy with either of the flips I use for my basic lines. She'd find a smartphone of any size to be "offensive" because she would never be able to navigate the Internet. In fact, she doesn't even like to text.

Point being, and I'll bring this back home to us, I did compare the Note 3 to the Note 2, the S4, the G2 and Moto X (which, for me was out of contention before it even started.) On specs alone, the Note 3 won hands down. A portion of Android users only care about the specs/functionality, unlike iCrap, which all they care about is ease of use and how pretty/stylish it is. I am really not exaggerating when I say that, as of right now, the Note 3 really is the best phone out right now, and I'll put a million and one "Period."s at the end of that. I know people who don't care for the size will want a Galaxy S4 or even a Galaxy S3 but the trend for phones will be to make these phones as close to "phablets" as possible. iCrap 6 is said to have a bigger screen than what's out now...because of the success of Samsung Note line as well as other phones like the G2.

I'm usually very practical when it comes to phones/phablets. I am usually never the first one in line for anything...I'd rather everyone else get theirs first so that I can get mine at a cheaper price and with all the bugs out (or most of them.) But this was an exception. So yeah, I'll outright stand with what I stated earlier.
    You do know there's the Moto X contigent that emphatically says specs don't matter and the Moto X's performance proves it. I'm not saying I agree with that, because I don't, but there's a lot of Moto Xers out there that sure do.

--------
    EDIT: Brain is faster than fingers.
    10-12-2013 12:26 PM
    You do know there's the Moto X contigent that emphatically says specs don't matter and the Moto X's performance proves it. I'm not saying I agree with that, because I don't, but there's a lot of Moto Xers out there sure do.
    That's 100% fine. Beautiful thing about life is that I am free to make up my own mind, while respecting those who feel different than I do (and at times, even calling some of them my closest friends.) The Note 3, for what I want in my personal and professional life, would suit me a lot more than the Moto X. But all that notwithstanding, Moto X is a good phone for those in that contingent that wants the customizability. I do not need it, so I can go to bed at night comfortably, but I'm not saying it is a bad phone. I have a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (no HD) that I use as my work phone. It is "ok."

My whole point though was that I did my homework before I jumped in on Note 3...spent many a month reading up on it (here, there and everywhere.) and I was pleased with my purchase. (especially since it is coupled with Verizon Unlimited Data.....mmmmmmm..... )
    10-12-2013 12:40 PM
    That's 100% fine. Beautiful thing about life is that I am free to make up my own mind, while respecting those who feel different than I do (and at times, even calling some of them my closest friends.) The Note 3, for what I want in my personal and professional life, would suit me a lot more than the Moto X. But all that notwithstanding, Moto X is a good phone for those in that contingent that wants the customizability. I do not need it, so I can go to bed at night comfortably, but I'm not saying it is a bad phone. I have a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (no HD) that I use as my work phone. It is "ok."

My whole point though was that I did my homework before I jumped in on Note 3...spent many a month reading up on it (here, there and everywhere.) and I was pleased with my purchase. (especially since it is coupled with Verizon Unlimited Data.....mmmmmmm..... )
    This.

I've been waiting for the Note 3 since January. It highly surpasses my wishes.
    cg101 and RDRich858711 like this.
    10-12-2013 12:46 PM
    "This."

I'm sorry, but I like being happy way too much to go out and look for flaws in everything and everyone. The one tiny complaint I have on my Note 3 is that hitting menu button or back button takes a little practice with one hand, but I have big fingers. I'm not at the point to S-Pen everything I do on this thing. However, even with that minor complaint, I am extremely happy with my phone and it is nowhere near a deal breaker.

Netflix is effing amazing. Much more amazing than it was on my Note 2.
    I set the menu and back button to be always on. Don't have a problem that way

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    10-13-2013 12:59 PM
    Wish I could, but I still have several months left before I can upgrade.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
    10-13-2013 06:41 PM
    I just signed up to T-Mobile and got the phone on their new installment plan that required no money down and I can upgrade every six months. Such an awesome deal. On top of that, I have unlimited everything and 2.5 GB of tethering.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
    10-13-2013 07:30 PM
    I set the menu and back button to be always on. Don't have a problem that way

I wouldn't really need that, since I know where they're supposed to be. I think the issue is that between the case taking about a mm more than needed, plus the larger screen and add to my fat fingers, I don't always hit the target. I've gotten better at it though. This certainly wasn't an issue with the Note 2, but again, it's a very minor complaint and not a dealbreaker. This phone is still sweet.
    10-13-2013 10:38 PM
    I LOVE my note 2, but I am currently trying to trade it for a s4, the camera on that phone is really nice, along with the screen.
    10-14-2013 10:00 AM
    I LOVE my note 2, but I am currently trying to trade it for a s4, the camera on that phone is really nice, along with the screen.
    The S4 does indeed have a nice camera. That was a feature I loved about mine. I'm glad that that same quality carried over to my Note 3.

from a Note III
    10-14-2013 10:45 AM
    The S4 does indeed have a nice camera. That was a feature I loved about mine. I'm glad that that same quality carried over to my Note 3.

from a Note III
    I am not due for a upgrade till may or I would consider the note 3 for sure....the G2 looks nice as well, but I have to admit samsung is at the top of their android game right now.
    10-14-2013 11:52 AM
    I am not due for a upgrade till may or I would consider the note 3 for sure....the G2 looks nice as well, but I have to admit samsung is at the top of their android game right now.
    If you're holding out til May, then you might have something else out by then. I hear rumors that the S5 is out in January, and that at some point Samsung will just merge the S series with the Note series. (Again, this is a rumor...calm yourselves...) Me, I'm very happy with my Note 3 and as I said earlier, I would find it difficult to go back to something smaller. (The exception, of course, is my work phone, but I find that I use it more and more as a phone now...(Droid Razr Maxx with shell case. ) )
    10-14-2013 11:58 AM
    If you're holding out til May, then you might have something else out by then. I hear rumors that the S5 is out in January, and that at some point Samsung will just merge the S series with the Note series. (Again, this is a rumor...calm yourselves...) Me, I'm very happy with my Note 3 and as I said earlier, I would find it difficult to go back to something smaller. (The exception, of course, is my work phone, but I find that I use it more and more as a phone now...(Droid Razr Maxx with shell case. ) )
    Only thing I have against note 2's size is when I put a otterbox on it (I do a lot of outdoor stuff) it gets hard to pocket it easily....other then that, solid solid phone, I am wondering if the way the s4 runs will be the way the note 2 runs when it gets upgraded (lock screen, sounds ,menus all that stuff)...again I am just getting back to android so its been hard to read a lot of old news, seems android has about 100 press releases a day.
    10-14-2013 12:21 PM
    I can say with certainty...pretty much, yeah.

My girl has an S3, and I just got around to playing with multi-window on my Note 3 (needed to read item numbers, and copy and paste them into website to order them for wife.) Showed wife how to do it on an S3. Functionality-wise, there probably is very little difference between S4/Note 3 in terms of basic features. If you can navigate through S4 or even a S3, you can navigate through a Note 3.

As for an Otterbox, I would find them too bulky, even for me. A buddy of mine has a Defender with a iPhone 5 in it and he let me slam his phone on the floor...hard. I asked a good couple of times before he demonstrated himself, which let me give the hard slamming of this iPhone a whirl (I so enjoyed it...I hate iCrap.) In any event, the phone escaped unscathed, but I don't need Seal Team 6...I just need a beat cop, or two. In other words, just good enough protection, not a fortress in my pocket. However, I would argue that even in May, the Note 3 would still be a heck of a phone and I can't see Samsung/Verizon not providing proper updates to this phone...this phone would be good for at least 1 year or 2. I could see myself waiting for the Note 5 with a Note 3 in hand.
    10-14-2013 12:33 PM
    The Note is just a little bit too big for me so I'm holding out for the S5. THAT my friends, will be a beast of a phone!
    I will add that I was rather disappointed when I heard the rumor that they may release it in January. I think they need to stick with their late spring/early summer release date, and use that extra time to perfect the device. Samsung has a history of rushing their products to market, and I truly think it would be in their best interest to make sure this device is "the next big thing". (At least for 6 months right)

tap'n
    10-14-2013 12:44 PM
    I wouldn't really need that, since I know where they're supposed to be. I think the issue is that between the case taking about a mm more than needed, plus the larger screen and add to my fat fingers, I don't always hit the target. I've gotten better at it though. This certainly wasn't an issue with the Note 2, but again, it's a very minor complaint and not a dealbreaker. This phone is still sweet.
    Yeah I just tap at the very bottom of the screen

10-17-2013 05:13 PM
    I am holding off. I just got my NOTE2 in Dec. I really wish it would get some of the Updates like the S4 and Note3 got. Hell I just hope it get KitKat when its available. For a $399 Device with a 2 year contract only a year ago phones seem to get outdated at a very expensive pace lately.
    10-22-2013 09:34 AM
    For a $399 Device with a 2 year contract only a year ago phones seem to get outdated at a very expensive pace lately.
    Isn't that the truth!

from my Galaxy Mega
    10-22-2013 10:01 AM
    I am holding off. I just got my NOTE2 in Dec. I really wish it would get some of the Updates like the S4 and Note3 got. Hell I just hope it get KitKat when its available. For a $399 Device with a 2 year contract only a year ago phones seem to get outdated at a very expensive pace lately.
    Which carrier charged $399 on contract? I guess I got lucky that I got my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II for $37 on February.

10-22-2013 05:22 PM
68 123