Who's getting the NOTE 3?

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I plan to get $400-500 on Ebay. It's 3 months old, no sign of use at all, 3 batteries (6 days ea. for my use), 2 chargers, everything it came with, BoxWave case/holster + 3 case/holsters combos that didn't work for me.
Cheers, Jon
How much ?

kentman

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am passing on the Note 3. I would like the Nexus 5. If that does not hit VZW, then I am waiting for the S5.

My wife is going from the S3 to the Note 3. Thus, I will get to compare her Note 3 to my Note 2.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Was on the fence too, but I've decided to pass on the Note 3 and stick with my Note 2. It still works great and does everything I need. Also just don't feel the Note 3 is compelling enough of an upgrade to justify spending full retail again (to keep unlimited data). I'm content to wait for the Note 4. :)

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Was on the fence too, but I've decided to pass on the Note 3 and stick with my Note 2. It still works great and does everything I need. Also just don't feel the Note 3 is compelling enough of an upgrade to justify spending full retail again (to keep unlimited data). I'm content to wait for the Note 4. :)

I was able to add a dumb phone line last time and was able to keep my unlimited. Wondering how it could work this time?

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Erica Griffin
Ok, I have a Note 3 in hand.

No Galaxy gear yet as it was not being sold. But my first impression is that I am not happy with the pixel density! It's laughable compared to other Android phones out. That diamond pixel penile matrix is definitely more noticeable here.

Also my display is two toned, yellow and more close to white half way down the display so I will definitely be exchanging this when I get a moment.

I also notice that my speaker crackles at max volume and the plastic grooved sides of this phone make it feel like a cheap China toy.

Note 2 was definitely more impressive to me. This phone is making me sad lol. Hopefully I will warm up and learn to like it.

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Erica Griffin

No Galaxy gear yet as it was not being sold. But my first impression is that I am not happy with the pixel density! It's laughable compared to other Android phones out. That diamond pixel penile matrix is definitely more noticeable here.

Also my display is two toned, yellow and more close to white half way down the display so I will definitely be exchanging this when I get a moment.

I also notice that my speaker crackles at max volume and the plastic grooved sides of this phone make it feel like a cheap China toy.

Note 2 was definitely more impressive to me. This phone is making me sad lol. Hopefully I will warm up and learn to like it.

This was the main reason I sold my Note 2 and why I am not buying another Samsung product.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Erica Griffin

Not good, not good at all. This is the kind reason I wanted to hold off just a bit. I hope that this doesn't become a trend.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I may be in the minority here but i'm a little sick of the size of my N2 so no N3 for me. Love watching movies on the bigger screen but I have a tablet for that. I use my phone for a lot of things from listening to music at the gym to invoicing and credit card processing for my contracting company. Getting to be a bit much to tote. Think i'm going back to a more pocketable phone plus I have small hands. Think I'm going either Nexus 5 or Moto X. Some snappy more pure Android action.

Last edited:

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I may be in the minority here but i'm a little sick of the size of my N2 so no N3 for me. Love watching movies on the bigger screen but I have a tablet for that. I use my phone for a lot of things from listening to music at the gym to invoicing and credit card processing for my contracting company. Getting to be a bit much to tote. Think i'm going back to a more pocketable phone plus I have small hands. Think I'm going either Nexus 5 or Moto X. Some snappy more pure Android action.

to each their own i guess, but i think i might find it really annoying to go to a smaller screen. i might get used to it over time, but to me, going back to a smaller screen would be like going back to dial up after having cable internet

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Man, I'm glad I don't feel the need to get new phones every time they come out with one. Much easier on the wallet.

The Note2 is about the perfect tool for me, personally. I have no interest in getting something else, and I don't think I will even when my upgrade becomes available.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm sticking with my Note 2. I've had it since launch and with the latest stable CyanogenMod Rom install I'm very happy with its performance. It's just not at all lacking for me.

That being said I really wasn't very impressed with the design of the Note 3. Sure the Note 2 is no piece of art but at least it simply designed and that's OK.... But the Note 3, pure cheese. The ribbed chrome plastic sides, the plastic textured back. No thanks. Minor spec bump and an ugly make over.

Sent from New Jersey. now Free

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
No device can please everyone. There's people who love and swear by the iPhone. Needless to say, I'm not one of them.

Note 8.0 via Tapatalk IV

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, Me too.

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
So excited!! Just finished mailing off my Note 2 that I sold last night for a price slightly less than my Device Payment Plan balance (will be using that to pay off that balance with the quick (the Note 2 is a really good phone, but I got enamored with the Note 3's specs and like that while the screen is bigger, the phone appears to be the same size as the Note 2.) The full HD, faster processor, better S-Pen functionality...I was sold. :D

So now I'm back on crappy Droid Charge until Note 3 is out. :(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc