Verizon Note 2 not on Verizon network can never be OTA updated?

HybridCat

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a Verizon Note 2. Since day 2 of owning the phone, I have been using it with my AT&T SIM card for voice/text and 3G data.

During the last two OTA updates, my Verizon Note 2 would NOT update because it had to be on Verizon network. My solution was to borrow a Verizon 4G LTE SIM card from a co-worker for a day and the update would install just fine.(sometimes takes 2 days)

Is this normal? I'm not sure what I'm gonna do when Verizon pushes out 4.3 OTA update. Nobody I know currently uses Verizon. In my company, there are 152 employees and all have switched to AT&T as of last month. (thanks to AT&T offering my company a sweet corporate deal) I wonder if I can take it to a Verizon store and borrow their SIM card or update the phone?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think Verizon will be willing to update your phone but you really don't have any friends or family near you on Verizon? That's telling.

HybridCat

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I think Verizon will be willing to update your phone but you really don't have any friends or family near you on Verizon? That's telling.

I know all 150+ employees in my company now have AT&T. On my phone's contact list, I have 38 family members. 31 have AT&T or T-Mobile. 5 have US Cellular. 2 have Verizon, but those two live in Portland, which is 2000 miles away from me. :( The last category are friends and drinking buddies(can't disclose how many, of course, for legal reasons...) AFAIK, none of them has Verizon.

When I bought the Verizon Galaxy Note 2, I had Verizon, of course. However, I cancelled it a month later because my company paid the ETF for me to switch to AT&T.(again, due to the corporate deal that they signed with AT&T)

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried updating via kies on a PC? Can download kies from Samsung its an official app.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I know all 150+ employees in my company now have AT&T. On my phone's contact list, I have 38 family members. 31 have AT&T or T-Mobile. 5 have US Cellular. 2 have Verizon, but those two live in Portland, which is 2000 miles away from me. :( The last category are friends and drinking buddies(can't disclose how many, of course, for legal reasons...) AFAIK, none of them has Verizon.

When I bought the Verizon Galaxy Note 2, I had Verizon, of course. However, I cancelled it a month later because my company paid the ETF for me to switch to AT&T.(again, due to the corporate deal that they signed with AT&T)

If they don't do it, open a share everything plan base at $80 per month, update, then immediately cancel service. You would be out one days service which should be around $3-4.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4

madisonjar

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
If they don't do it, open a share everything plan base at $80 per month, update, then immediately cancel service. You would be out one days service which should be around $3-4.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4

plus a etf correct?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
plus a etf correct?

No, you only pay etf if you get subsidized phone on contract. They may charge an activation fee, but that could be refunded if deactivated within 3 days

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678