Back cover replacement

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The tabs on my Note 2 have worn out, and the back cover doesn't have a snug fit. Any one know if this is covered by Verizon. I called Samsung, and they said they don't do replacements for the back cover.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Where can I get a carbon fiber one?
Do they support NFC?

I got mine on eBay. They usually do not support nfc. You can remove from your broken cover and attach to the new one. There is a molded spot where it goes. The glue is not permanent and is easily removed.
I don't use nfc yet, so i did not bother.
I also bought the carbon fiber backs for my son and wife's S4. It really changed the look and feel of the phone. If Samsung had used them to begin with, they would have saved themselves a huge amount of grief over the cheap plastic feel.
Funny how a $10 item can change a $600 phone so much!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Here is a shot of my note 2 with the carbon fiber. Sorry about the quality...camera is not one of the tf300 better features.

Attachments

• 1381609133258.jpg
    1381609133258.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 52

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I got mine on eBay. They usually do not support nfc. You can remove from your broken cover and attach to the new one. There is a molded spot where it goes. The glue is not permanent and is easily removed.
I don't use nfc yet, so i did not bother.
I also bought the carbon fiber backs for my son and wife's S4. It really changed the look and feel of the phone. If Samsung had used them to begin with, they would have saved themselves a huge amount of grief over the cheap plastic feel.
Funny how a $10 item can change a $600 phone so much!

Thanks. I'll be sure to check it out. Looking on eBay, it seems as though they all come from China, and will take about a month to arrive. Trying to see if I can find someone that sells it in the states.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine came within 10 days each time I have ordered.
The oem back from Amazon will come within a few days. I would just order both. Then you will have a back-up as well.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I ended up going with this seller from eBay. I was trying to decide between the Carbon Fiber or Black Pebble version they had. They had other styles as well. I ended up going with the Black Pebble.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=111159773694

I know you will love the cover and laugh when you see how awesome the phone now looks and feels.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I know you will love the cover and laugh when you see how awesome the phone now looks and feels.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Back cover finally came today.
It does feel a lot better in the hand.
Think I'll take a gamble and use my phone without a case.
I was using the Seido case with my previous back cover. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with new back cover because it seems to be a tad bit thicker than the original.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk