Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - Getting note 2 in a few days

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey all getting a note 2 in a few days worked out a trade for my iphone 5. Any tips or tricks you can suggest to make my switch back to android and such a bigger handset go smooth

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
It's really not all that big. Give it a day or two and you will be used to it. Great phone! Your gonna love it!

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Just don't go into it expecting to one hand the thing like an iphone and you're golden. A few people I know have issues 1 handing a gs3 so just be aware :)

Sent from Xperia Note

GeekCop

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
As you said, it's a much bigger handset, with that in mind, pay attention to the type of case you get for your Note 2. I've always been a big fan of the OtterBox Defender, but I found it's just not practical for a handset that's already larger than most.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey all getting a note 2 in a few days worked out a trade for my iphone 5. Any tips or tricks you can suggest to make my switch back to android and such a bigger handset go smooth

Just give up the idea of using it with one hand and you'll be golden, lol.
I have several cases for it, one is a white flip which works really well. Go through the forums and look for 'show us your screens' for widget/wallpaper ideas. You have great choices for keyboards, unlike the iPhone's. (I never did type well on that thing. :( )
There's just so much to enjoy with this phone! Have fun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I went from a Droid X to the Note 2. Before I got it I thought the same thing. Once you have it, it just comes natural. After a week or two you'll wonder how you managed with such a small phone before. A few months ago my sister-law broke her phone now she has to rely on a beat up old Droid X. I recently heald it now it looks so tiny in my hand like I was holding a kids toy. The Galaxy Note 2 is the best phone I have ever had. One of the biggest reasons I got it is because it will be future proof for a good while with it's quad core.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I went from a Droid X to the Note 2. Before I got it I thought the same thing. Once you have it, it just comes natural. After a week or two you'll wonder how you managed with such a small phone before. A few months ago my sister-law broke her phone now she has to rely on a beat up old Droid X. I recently heald it now it looks so tiny in my hand like I was holding a kids toy. The Galaxy Note 2 is the best phone I have ever had. One of the biggest reasons I got it is because it will be future proof for a good while with it's quad core.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

I too went from a droid x to the note 2, my husband still has his x. When I pick it up it does seem tiny now. I thought the note 2 was going to seem huge but surprisingly it doesn't. It just feels normal and will fit in most of my pockets. The transition was smooth for me since I've always handled my smartphones with 2 hands.

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I echo what everyone else says. Once you have it for a few days to a week it will cease seeming overly large and will just be "your phone." I came from a droid bionic (4.3" screen) which was very close in size to my wife's droid 4. Now the droid 4 looks like a toy in comparison. As others have also said best phone I've ever had. Zero complaints!
Case wise I'd recommend Seidio Surface case. Adds very little extra to the size plus has a kickstand if you want to watch it perched in landscape mode.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's a great device, you'll enjoy . Let us know if you have any questions when you receive it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

dklimah

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Keep a smaller case in mind and look into the SwiftKey beta. It allows you to position the keyboard for one handed use. I don't have much of a issue with it though. I have bigger hand so this device fits better. The S3 was a tad too small. I checked out the Mega in comparison and that device is way too big.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
So I have been using the note for a few days and so far this phone is the bomb really a solid stable device. Not missing ios at all

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's really not all that big. Give it a day or two and you will be used to it. Great phone! Your gonna love it!

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

I was leery about the size, too. Only took me an hour to get over it!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae