Is the Note 3 screen really larger than my Note 2 ??

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I was playing around with a working model of a Note 3 phone at a local Best Buy store. For a few minutes, I was comparing my Verizon Note 2 phone screen to the Note 3 phone. I swear I didn't notice any difference. There was moments when I thought maybe, just maybe, the Note 3 screen was a tiny, tiny bit larger than my Note 2. I didn't have a ruler to measure, but I swear the Note 3 didn't look any larger in screen size.

What I did notice was that pictures shot with the Note 3 phone appeared to be more noticeably vibrant and even brighter than the same picture shot from my Note 2. The Note 3 camera does seem noticeably better versus my Note 2 phone. I also checked the internal storage of the Note 3 phone. Only about 21 or 22 GB were free out of 32 GB of internal storage. I'm guessing maybe some of the space is used up for the Best Buy demo video and other junk-ware.

Will I buy the new Note 3 phone? Hmmmmmm. Considering the fact that I have to pay full retail price in order to keep my grandfathered unlimited 4G data from Verizon, I'm considering on passing for the Note 3 phone. Hopefully the next generation will have enough significant improvements for me to want to fork out another $750 for the full price purchase (including tax).

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The Note 3 screen is definitely larger, it's longer and wider, I'm referring to viewable screen.

The Note 3 screen is also brighter so anything you look at on the screen will look more vibrant. Reading the reviews I'm not sure the camera is better. More megapixels doesn't necessarily mean better and some of the pro reviews are not sold on the actual picture quality.

My brother has the Note 3, I played with it for an hour or so. I didn't not see the speed increase that others have said they see, but I didn't expect to either.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Similar sentiment here when I compared the two. It would've been a completely different story for me though if the screen size of the Note 3 were larger (ex. 5.9" instead of 5.7"). That would've been very hard to pass up. :p The Note 4 should be around that size if it follows the same .2" bump each iteration, not to mention should have other more compelling features as well! I'm content to wait until then. :)

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
When I checked it out it looked like note 3 was taller so note 2 looked a bit wider. I think all notes looks bigger in black. All continuous color just fools the eye a bit. I have white note 2 and I always feel the black looks bigger than white. My opinion.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2