load stock ROM

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got a note 2 from eBay how do I load stock ROM since I don't have some features the S pen offers. Or is not having boat ware worth it?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just got a note 2 from eBay how do I load stock ROM since I don't have some features the S pen offers. Or is not having boat ware worth it?

What ROM are you running? There is a lot of bloatware in stock TouchWiz.

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
What ROM are you running? There is a lot of bloatware in stock TouchWiz.

Looks like carbon-JB-nightly 4.3 I guess it does not support all the features of the S pen but I know stock there is probably a lot of bloat. Is there other benefits I am not realizing? Just checking my options before I go back to a stock ROM.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Looks like carbon-JB-nightly 4.3 I guess it does not support all the features of the S pen but I know stock there is probably a lot of bloat. Is there other benefits I am not realizing? Just checking my options before I go back to a stock ROM.

You have an AOSP ROM which doesn't have any support for Samsung software. Nightly versions are often bugged, but a lot of people flash them.
You are already on 4.3. If you go back to stock, you will go back to 4.2 and there is no confirmed date when the Note 2 will get updated to 4.3. In fact, it may very well be possible that Carbon may get 4.4 before the Note gets 4.3.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
you dont necessarily have to go back to stock. obv the phone is rooted, you could flash a rom such as beans or jedi or nephilim.

- - - Updated - - -

you just want a touchwiz rom

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Need your help having a hell of a time finding Odin for the note 2 and a good link to download the file for stock rom. Can anyone send me a link to either that would be great. I have been messing with it for an hour and got nowhere other than spam and extra crap that did not help at all. I am getting sick of this fast and Jailbreaking my iPhone was easy compared to just going back to stock on this damn thing.

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Found Odin but can't seem to get any link to work on any of the stock Roms this sucks never have had this much trouble with anything .

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Try the stock rooted ROM firmware from this thread (still works): http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...how-vzw-gnote2-root-rom-via-odin-w-video.html

Hit the yellow "Download" button which will get you a direct download to file: Root66_VZW_stock_system.7z, which you unzip with 7zip then flash it via Odin.

Thank you will try when I get home I work weekends hope I can do it tonight been holding off downloading a lot of stuff cause it will reset my phone. I have liked the bigger screen.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Found Odin but can't seem to get any link to work on any of the stock Roms this sucks never have had this much trouble with anything .

Sorry for not seeing this earlier... This post was quite the distance down my participated list.
Samsung updates .com. Just make sure you match the model number and region code.

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Having issues with all the file host? This is all I have left just need the file was able to download Odin but have tried all most all of the links and have been doing it for almost 3 hours this had been a sucky experiance . I don't know what is causing my problem with downloading these files.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Having issues with all the file host? This is all I have left just need the file was able to download Odin but have tried all most all of the links and have been doing it for almost 3 hours this had been a sucky experiance . I don't know what is causing my problem with downloading these files.

They are all throttled. Nothing on your end.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Left it on last night and hotfile didn't even work and neither did android file host? I can not get ahold of this file for the life of me.

What site did you go to?

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The one you recommended and some others they either send me to hotfile or android file and no dice?

Hot94Z28

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Got Odin to work and it recognizes my phone just having a hell of a time getting a file would it be easier to flash a touch wiz file?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Got Odin to work and it recognizes my phone just having a hell of a time getting a file would it be easier to flash a touch wiz file?

Maybe. I have always used Odin to flash stock files.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol