Insufficient storage with 4gb free?

elfish44

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I am running JediX rom on my note 2 - Verizon carrier.

Out of the clear blue, I am unable to download anything. I get a message saying that I am out of space, yet i have 3.9gb on internal storage and 4gb on my ext SD card. The odd thing is when I look at my storage in settings, it says there is 7gb of files in my "misc files". But when I look at the misc files the two biggest things showing are ROM Toolbox Pro -493mb and titanium backup - 350 mb. there are 100 mb of misc things, but it does not add up to 7gb. not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Very weird
any help is very much appreciated

elphish44

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Out of the clear blue, I am unable to download anything. I get a message saying that I am out of space, yet i have 3.9gb on internal storage and 4gb on my ext SD card. The odd thing is when I look at my storage in settings, it says there is 7gb of files in my "misc files". But when I look at the misc files the two biggest things showing are ROM Toolbox Pro -493mb and titanium backup - 350 mb. there are 100 mb of misc things, but it does not add up to 7gb. not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Very weird

elphish44

1. Do you have an nandroid backups (CWM or TWRP backups) saved to internal storage that may be taking up that space?

2. This is more advanced, but if you have Terminal Emulator installed, you can run the command "df" to see all the internal disk partitions and how much space is available each, to see if it's a system partition (rather than your personal storage partition) that's out of space.

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Very weird

elphish44

How to fix Insufficient storage available error in Android

1. Download [redacted]

2. Place [redacted] into your SD card and install it using any file manager you prefer.

3. Run it and then press menu key and go to Troubleshooting.

4. Choose Remove fixes and backups and then finally reboot your device to fix this dreadful error.

Last edited by a moderator:

elfish44

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you dude! It worked - and now today I have a new, potentially worse problem. I opened "ROM Manager" I wanted to backup my ROM, and possibly flash a new one. I changed the settings so the backup went to my Ext SD card, and ran it. The phone eventually re-booted with TWRP running, and is stuck there. This is what it says on the screen:

Top:

Team Win Recovery Project v2.5.0.1
Simulating Actions
11:40PM Battery 79%
Running OpenRecoveryScript

Then at the bottom:

Updating partition details...
Running boot script...

Finished running boot script
Simulating actions...

Below that is a status bar spinning,
a "home" button on the left, a return button on the right.

It has been this way for twelve hours. I pulled the battery and tried to boot in flash mode (power,volume down, and home button) the android logo came up and it said "downloading" and never did anything. I waited over an hour, pulled battery, rebooted and TWRP came up with the same **** posted above. Suggestions?

Thanks man,
Fish

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thank you dude! It worked - and now today I have a new, potentially worse problem. I opened "ROM Manager" I wanted to backup my ROM, and possibly flash a new one. I changed the settings so the backup went to my Ext SD card, and ran it. The phone eventually re-booted with TWRP running, and is stuck there. This is what it says on the screen:

Top:

Team Win Recovery Project v2.5.0.1
Simulating Actions
11:40PM Battery 79%
Running OpenRecoveryScript

Then at the bottom:

Updating partition details...
Running boot script...

Finished running boot script
Simulating actions...

Below that is a status bar spinning,
a "home" button on the left, a return button on the right.

It has been this way for twelve hours. I pulled the battery and tried to boot in flash mode (power,volume down, and home button) the android logo came up and it said "downloading" and never did anything. I waited over an hour, pulled battery, rebooted and TWRP came up with the same **** posted above. Suggestions?

Thanks man,
Fish

ROM Manager is designed to run with CWM, not TWRP. Either way, my advice would be to simply boot into recovery directly and create the backup manually from there (in other words, leave ROM Manager out of it). You can set the backup location from there as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae